• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lower Suspension?

k.jensen

I'd bet that redcat have removed the shock mount aka diff mount part becourse it gives a lot more space for mounting the shochs, and there fore you have alot more shocks to chose from, ex. hpi shocks. and normally when you upgrade one arm to alloy you upgrade them both, that's why they come in packages of 2. also the grupscrew in your lower arm stops it from getting any lower, the anjustment of either set grupscrew in each arm is used to adjust the maximum clerance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topher

Suspension?

Your not seeing the problem,I have both aluminum arms and would have put both on but to show the difference in ground clearance and the fact it is not a simple bolt on for stock replacement.I may in the future buy different shocks but for now I choose not to.I just wanted to upgrade the suspension parts a bit at a time.

Deluge

Honestly, aluminum suspension arms aren't really worth it. The plastic arms are cheaper to replace, and you want some flexibility in that area. I'd rather have a cheap, plastic suspension arm take the brunt of the impact, because it'll absorb most of it. Aluminum will probably bend and take out the diff housing. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topher

Suspension?

I must have confused the crap out of the Redcat people cause still no response on this issue.RC DAD have you heard anything?It is not such an issue rite now working on the tires but I would either like a fix or return them and get the money back for some other mod.

G

I went in and talked to them. I showed them the difference between the parts. They are looking to the manufacture to see if the tab is an additional part they need, or if there is an arm that has the tab. I will be down there tomorrow again and I will see if they were able to get it resolved.

Topher

Suspension?

You are great,thanks for putting such an effort into this.I have a new XSC and had a mishap with it and my deck.Anyway I broke the piece that goes under the radio tray would you be able to get one out to me if you can get your hands on one.Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts