• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Loose Exhaust Bolts

feelathome77

Hi friends,

I have a RampageV3 and have ongoing issue with my exhaust upgrade.

When my stock silicon tube broke, I decided to install CatBox from RedCat.

Looked very sturdy but with just muscle power the 6-screws and the mounting bolts keep loosening-up. I tried blue thread locker, no help. Then I tried Red high temp thread locker, lasted only about 10 min. on grass-ground. The 6 screws remained tight but the 2 bolts are very loose. The problem with CatBox design is that I have to removed the 6-screws to access the 2 mounting bolts.

What do you guys use to install your exhaust system? If I have to use a torque wrench, what is the torque setting?

Thanks.

feelathome77

Exhaust bolts

I recently watched a tutorial video on how to install a DDM Dominator to a Baja. In it the guy dropped a Red thread locker also from DDM and hand tight it. Of course we'll never find out how it goes after he operate the Baja. I bought a silicon tube for my stock exhaust and used a Red Permatex plus used 70 in/lb. of torque as per OBR reply to me. On cure for two days and I will update this thread ASAP. :mad:

T3X

Use red loctite. Let it cure for 24 hrs. Then start engine let idle for fifthteen minutes so engine is hot. Then shut it off anf re tighten bolts. This worked great for me on my MT

Remember metal expands and contracts under heat and cold temps...

Sparky

I run exhaust studs on my vehicles and never had any problems. Just another option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts