• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Looking for a Good radio ?

laganm21

I am looking for a good radio but i am not really sure of what to get, I am running a airtronics MX-3 75fm right now, and i just need some more range, i like the controler but I bought it used off ebay and it never seemed to work right but any ways here is my list

1 Airtronics MX-3FG 2.4Ghz RC FHSS-2 Radio/Receiver Kit

2 Futaba 3PMX 2.4Ghz MX SS Radio/Receiver Kit

3 RC4WD Big Offroader 2.4Ghz 3-Channel Transmitter & Receiver

4 Airtronics MX-Sport FHSS-2 2.4 GHz Radio w/3 Channel Receiver

Spektrum DX3.0 Pistol Grip Radio w/ SR3000 Receiver DX3

Sprint 77

Contributor
One of the first two choices above are your best bet staying in that $200 price range. I realy like my 3PM and I have the Airtronics FHSS in my M 11 and it is good.

I would shy away from the RC 4 WD it is to new for much feedback yet. and the Spektrum I have had their module in my M11 and had range issues with the big cars. I think they fixed it on their DSM2 but you have to get their high dollar model to get that technology.

I realy think it is hard to beat the 3PM dollar for dollar

my 2.4 radios

Airtronics M8 ( use spectrum with my 1/ 10 scales_

Airtronics M11 use Airtronics FHSS 2.4

Futaba 4PKS 2.4

Futaba 3PM 2.4

forist

Contributor
I like the Spektrum DX3S 3 Channel 2.4 Ghz Radio with Telemetry but some say there are probs with them. I like the Telemetry set up u can keep an eye on all that is going on with your Ramp. don't know how the range is on them ether it would seem like for $250.00 it would have good range. Going to wait till I hear more on them before I get one tho.

DemonRC

Obeast44 said:
Also just caught this on RCcrawler.com Spektrum DX3e a budget 3 channel 2.4ghz with RX for $99. Looks SWEET! Its got all the needed adjustability, and none ya don't.
Ahh first time i've seen that. Kinda neat looking. Notice the picture on the Spektrum site. The right side of the radio is scuffed. LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

laganm21

Obeast 44 i really like the one you fount I love the fact it only take 4aa batteries and at a good price im going to do some research on it to see what people are saying about them, ill keep yaw posted

rob142sti

i originally purchased that radio and hated it, the range was nothing but garbage, so i sent it back and got the 2.4 ghz rc4wd, taking a chance that i was going to get another crap radio, but am nothing but please with it, 3 channels, outstanding range, really easy to use, built in bulletproof fail safe.. and only $70

Obeast44

Banned
Dang Lagan21, I will sell ya a DX3.0 with Sr3000 receiver for way less than that. I wouldnt mind trying the DX3e, but id have to buy another RX to put it in my crawler as well. And for that price id just buy the KO Propo EX-5ur.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts