• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Leaking Shocks on MT

dansmg

I rebuilt the right rear shock. New o rings and new bottom cap and it is leaking where the shaft comes out of the bottom. Anybody got any ideas on how to stop leak. It didn't leak with the old bottom cap.

alfred e numan

When you rebuild, there will always ba a small amount of oil thats trapped in the outside area of the o-rings- and the plastic shock shaft bearing that will run outta the shock. Try this- go to wal-mart- the automotive section. look for a red spray can called CRC Electronic cleaner. This is Methanol. Harmless to plastics and the o - rings on the shocks clean up the shocks with this and see what happens. its cheap to buy- about 5 bucks. never use carb cleaner -- it will destroy just about every part on your car.

dansmg

When I was doing other repairs I noticed the top cap was loose so I took the shock apart and the oil was black. Don't know if this was normal or not. Had the rebuild kit so I thought I would use a couple new parts. I ended up using new o rings and new bottom cap. After I found out bottom cap was leaking ended up using the old bottom cap and the leak stopped. To clean parts I use methanol. Works great. I use that cause I make my own rc fuel so I always have a couple gallons sitting around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts