• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Layshaft bearing question

rampagemt

I got my mt gear plate for my xt and the bearing I got was 1mm thinner what size shins would I need to take out the extra slack ? Please post link if you can

rampage idiot

I just ran into this they are 8mm shims I did not have any I can tell you that the lock nuts that hold your 4 gears on to the shafts the washers behind the nuts are 8mmx 1.5mm if that is too much I comprimised I took a teflon washer and sanded down to 1mm or you could try loosening both lock screws on that layshaft and see if you can get enough movement to take up the play I almost got it by doing that, I called fastenal I deal with them all the time and he could not even find me 8mm shims maybe someone else on here knows, good luck I had a bitch trying to get it perfect

Deluge

As long as the shim is 1mm thick and the outside diameter is the same, you'll be fine. Put the shim under the bearing. Not under the pinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts