• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

lay shaft mount

topblissgt

Got it today for my Sons Chimera, but as noted in the reviews, the original countersunk screws do not fit the new aluminum 7075 mount. Doug, what size are they? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

They are 4mm x 12mm A very commen screw. Most people have a pile of screws laying on there bench and just find them but if you need them I can send you the two screws. LMK

topblissgt

I got the bolts and am putting everything back together but I have something incorrect with the disk brakes. can someone give me direction how they go back right? Im not sure what I did wrong but the braked pads don't clamp the rotors when I move the servo thru its movement.. Thanks!

topblissgt

really? I ran them in almost all the way and locktighted em... Thank it will hold? BTW just got it running and with your lay mount, gear plate and Jet pro pipe, it is awesome now :) I have the Jetpro silencer but it sounds so good with it . :)

Ol' fart

I know. I don't have one to take a picture of..... Hold on. OK this is on a roller that is shipping out today...If you look close you'll see the new tie rod end we make now. We buy the ball and sleeve and press it into our own rod end. This is similar to the tie rod ends we will be making for our steering and upper arms. This mod to the heavy duty steering removed the last bit of play in the setup. We tested one and found less than.010 of play in the whole setup.

securedownload[1].jpg

securedownload[1] (2).jpg

securedownload[1].jpg

securedownload[1] (2).jpg

/monthly_2014_07/583c6070e01a1_securedownload1.jpg.d64f97250968f57ba31a8f94bfb9fd38.jpg

/monthly_2014_07/583c6070e17d7_securedownload1(2).jpg.93e179b7dedf2feddeb50b71a6a08b1b.jpg

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
I know. I don't have one to take a picture of..... Hold on. OK this is on a roller that is shipping out today...If you look close you'll see the new tie rod end we make now. We buy the ball and sleeve and press it into our own rod end. This is similar to the tie rod ends we will be making for our steering and upper arms.

This mod to the heavy duty steering removed the last bit of play in the setup. We tested one and found less than.010 of play in the whole setup.
Very Nice.

Im guessing I wont have any fitment problems when running the giant SV0235 or 0236 servos correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts