• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lauterbacher clutch

AlvaSpeed

I have had the time to try this 4 shoe clutch and for sure it is an improvement over stock.

I certainly believe that the stock clutch starts loosing performance when it gets hot and easily overheats on a high hp motor.

On a stock 23cc engine with a DDM side pipe and billet air filter it works great. Been there done that. My friend´s TT is also set up like that and works fine.

When the clutch gets hot, the spring loses tension making the clutch to grab early. Even the 8k spring. If you see that, stop the car let it cool and when you re-start it you will see that the clutch works fine again.

I highly reccomend this upgrade.

kryptonite

yes, i had the same issue and it turned out to be the clutch spring. i replaced the spring and it seems fine as long as i don't drive it( :rolleyes: ) so ya, i'll be looking into a better clutch as well.. sad thing is i need 3.. :eek:

roccos_van

Yup, I have one and it rocks. Good call alva, you can put your clutch worries behind you now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts