• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

LargescaleRC March 13th

Obeast44

Banned
Hey guys, I would like to formally invite everyone to a little get together a few of us are planning at LargescaleRC's Track on March 13th, weather permitting of course. There are a few of us that are planning on meeting up there and get some test/tune time for the June 4-6 PowerJam. I plan on arriving at around 12pm (noon) Central time and leaving around 5-6pm. I plan on bringing 3 cameras, 2 of which are the keychain cameras and a DVD Camcorder. We will have a dedicated camera man there and plan on taking GOBS of video. It will be a blast! Please, make the drive and join us!

So far the people planning on attending is:

Obeast44

SLhawkins77 (Baja guy :( )

Ron E

Rob64n

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
should be a great time... :D

i'm looking foward to just running on a 5th scale track, seeing my completed truck and meeting all that show up.

rob64n

Contributor
we'll have a blast and i know obeast talked to bob on the baja forum and i talked to him on the phone, and i think that they will also try to be there.

Obeast44

Banned
Ya man I cant wait! Its gonna be my first time at a track like that. In June its gonna be my first RC Event. Im really hoping we can get one of our guys on the podium in the buggy race AND the MT race. :D

looker2756

Contributor
Need to call & Re-Schedule

rob64n said:
we'll have a blast and i know obeast talked to bob on the baja forum and i talked to him on the phone, and i think that they will also try to be there.
Woah Guys

The tracks will be being worked on & we'll be setting up for the PowerJam event. I HIGHLY doubt that this date is going to work out. The weather has not been working in our favor, & with TONS of work yet to be done, This needs to be re-scheduled. Best bet is to call & talk with Troy before scheduling any meets here at LSRC.

Edited

We talked about this during our lunch hour & Troy decided it's O.K. he guesses. It's still plenty wet & muddy here, with ice still on the track. I'm nearly positive that by next weekend it will be the same, but probably more muddy. I don't know of anyone that plans on being here from the shop, but I hope to at least stop by to see whats happening & say Hello.

The choice is yours, you guys are the ones driving to get here.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAT5MFG

Contributor
The track still has snow on it. As the snow and the frost layer melts, the ground is going to be VERY muddy and soft. It's going to take a good month of warmer weather and sunshine to dry it out. We are preparing to lay down drainage tile and build the oval and fun tracks. Let's hope that April is good to us. You know what they say: April showers brings....mud. :D

Obeast44

Banned
True, it is wet. I was just picking a date, getting a number of interested people and informing you guys. Like what was mentioned in the PowerJam thread. Thats why I sent the PM on HBF this morning. :D

If its that wet and you guys will be working on it, then I for sure don't wanna make it more difficult on you guys at all. I was just looking forward to meeting all the guys, getting familiarized with the whole track and everything.

Maybe April will be better for everyone :)

looker2756

Contributor
I know for right now it's wet & muddy. I ran here last weekend & it was a Mess. A get together prior to the event sounds cool, & we'll help work on that too. I just hate to see anyone drive up here to trash their stuff. We have just now gotten our first days above freezing in a while & now it's just soggy everywhere. I'll keep a watch & definitely let everyone know with some advanced warning when a good time is, or you can always call if you don't hear from anyone.

rob64n

Contributor
you know it could be a good thing for the mud, we could buy sand paddles off you guys and use the drag strip to have scale mud bog drag races, can't you just picture the rooster tails of mud from that, it would make an awesome video,lol. definitely one event to put in r/c driver.

looker2756

Contributor
rob64n said:
you know it could be a good thing for the mud, we could buy sand paddles off you guys and use the drag strip to have scale mud bog drag races, can't you just picture the rooster tails of mud from that, it would make an awesome video,lol. definitely one event to put in r/c driver.
It's supposed to warm up this weekend, But predicting rain for Sunday :mad: I'll watch the track next week & let everyone know. I know I want to run bad myself. So bad I trashed my HPI last weekend here at my house. :D :eek:

Ron E

Contributor
Thanks for the update. please let us know as soon as the grounds are able to be run on. I want to see the place and trade rampages with Obeast44. I also have some mt wheels/tires for Rob64n.

Obeast44

Banned
Oh yes, we have alot in the works for that meeting. I had forgotten about Rob gettin the MT stuff from ya Ron.

Please keep us posted Looker, all I need is a day notice and I can make it up on a Saturday.

rob64n

Contributor
yeah bob you also need to let me know when i can come up to help on the tracks, please and thanks.

looker2756

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Oh yes, we have alot in the works for that meeting. I had forgotten about Rob gettin the MT stuff from ya Ron.
Please keep us posted Looker, all I need is a day notice and I can make it up on a Saturday.
rob64n said:
yeah bob you also need to let me know when i can come up to help on the tracks, please and thanks.
I will definitwely let you guys know. We are hoping that this warm weekend helps in allowing things to dry out a bit. With 50's in the predictions, it's looking good :D

Thanks, Bob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts