• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Klotz 2 cycle oil reputable?

j_cifelli

Hey everyone im starting to put some money into my performance department with walbro 990 cpi pipe tall stack aluminum intake etc. i wanted to get a better quality 2 cycle oil to lubricate my engine then the typical gas station 2 cycle weed wacker mix. So i was on davesmotors and they sell a 2cycle oil that is a synthetic castor oil blend that is good for both alcohol and gasoline... kind of odd to me but i don't know. here are some links if you would not mind taking a look so i don't get a oil that will kill my engine:

http://www.davesmotors.com/tt118_2

http://www.davesmotors.com/tt118

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3312/.f

any comments greatly appreciated thanks everyone!

Restomod

A couple people I know run Kotz and like it, I normally run Belray but if im out I will run what I can get. All in all I don't think you can go wrong with any name brand oil..........

Hayes371

klotz

I cant speak from an rc standpoint, but, klotz has a strong following in motocross, i've always used motul in my two strokes, but i thought i read somewhere that it didnt jive to well with methanol gas..?? I never had a problem, but i also always mixed the gas i was going to use either the day before, or on the way to wherever i would be riding....

alfred e numan

I use the ddm part # tt120- super techneplate- however you spell it-- I am happy with it. If memory is correct, the r-c model lube version is for lower rpm engines. Disassembled an engine last week that had gone tru about 4 gallons of gas and the klotz mix, just had the usual piston ring wear. No scuffing on the cylinder or the piston either. This engine had been flogged- reved till it would not rev any higher- ran lean on more than one ocassion also. Klotz is my oil of choice.-- oh- zero carbon deposits also. None on the piston crown, exhaust port- header either.

alfred e numan

Went downstairs and pulled off the jug on this little f-270. It was flogged from the second it was fired up- never heat cycled it- never set the fuel screws rich- just ran the guts outta it! always @ 32-1 ratio i might add- look @ how hot the top of the piston became- you can also see discoloration inside the cylinder- around the combustion chamber ring- hot mama!! The intake manifold came loose after the 3rd load of fuel- it went real lean that time! Ran with the air intake screens completely plugged up with grass-twigs-dirt- became so hot the rear of the cars body started warping from the excessive engine heat- Its the little F-270 that survived a full season of Alfreds abuse.- No, i am not saying only the klotz could cause this guy to survive my abuse- But as good as the parts look - I will stick with the Klotz.

alfred e numan

yea, the side view of the piston is the exhaust port side- wt990-1" velocity stack-DT-1 2 stage- no-toil oil, modded jet-pro rear mount- modded for even more rpm. agan, zero break in- 32-1 ratio.

alfred e numan

yep, on dirtbike engines- 2 strokes, we never jetted rich for break in, never upped the gas-oil ratio either. we just made certan that we never lugged or over reved the engine- as for the photoed engine, i have no doubt that i could just replace the main seals- talcum dust all summer ya know- ring the piston and run it some more.

jeffp83

alfred e numan said:
Went downstairs and pulled off the jug on this little f-270. It was flogged from the second it was fired up- never heat cycled it- never set the fuel screws rich- just ran the guts outta it! always @ 32-1 ratio i might add- look @ how hot the top of the piston became- you can also see discoloration inside the cylinder- around the combustion chamber ring- hot mama!! The intake manifold came loose after the 3rd load of fuel- it went real lean that time! Ran with the air intake screens completely plugged up with grass-twigs-dirt- became so hot the rear of the cars body started warping from the excessive engine heat- Its the little F-270 that survived a full season of Alfreds abuse.- No, i am not saying only the klotz could cause this guy to survive my abuse- But as good as the parts look - I will stick with the Klotz.
Pretty resilient little engines :) How do you like that F270?

alfred e numan

You can buy these f-270-s for a little over 200 bucks. 34mm bore, 30mm rod. Its a very high reving motor. All you need is 1 wrench to work on it. T-27. I bought 3 top end pull offs from large scale r-c - 30 bucks each. This engine is a good choice for the light weight XB- just bolt up a wt990- 1" velocity stack- and a rev pipe.- I use the jet-pro rear mount. It may not have quite as much mid range torque as a 30.5- but it revs to the moon- with the right gearing, I think this can hang with anything out there. This photo was found on a e-bay site. 49 bucks + 9.00 shipping. I would like to find a member on this site thats into these engines- buy a few of these pistons, have them shipped over to one drop off point, then use priority mail to send to resend within america.- This way only one person is taking the risk from a over seas supplier?- just an idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts