• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

kill switch install ?

fastlane

Team Driver
How do I wire this baby up? I am guessing that I add 2 wires and solder it to the existing switch? Any help is appreciated

AlvaSpeed

Here is a photo of my switch.

kill switch button.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a25676_killswitchbutton.jpg.bce7d376a56c7a61fd1d87dcdfea2d36.jpg

AlvaSpeed

Here is another photo.

kill switch assembly.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a2855d_killswitchassembly.jpg.208a097d1e591888c6c7ea1c30fc6e2a.jpg

AlvaSpeed

You have to solder one wire on the positive (red) and one on the negative (black).Then run this 2 wires to the kill switch module.Mine came assembled.I cut the wire and installed 2 connectors so I can remove the engine without oppening the radio box and disconnecting the wire from the module.I also drilled a hole on the plastic engine cover and another on the radio box to run the wires through.

kill switch assembly.jpg2.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a2af29_killswitchassembly.jpg2.jpg.fb62377ee0d51f866c1fd984f9091eee.jpg

rob64n

Contributor
well my dad just put one on his mt and sometimes it will not let you start unless you turn the radio off or you'll be runnin good and then it just dies, i'm guessin we have a bad one,lol

DemonRC

My PB's have all worked flawlessly since I got em. I havn't tried any other the other brands since there's no reason to fix what ain't broke.

badboy2

rob64n said:
well my dad just put one on his mt and sometimes it will not let you start unless you turn the radio off or you'll be runnin good and then it just dies, i'm guessin we have a bad one,lol
make sure your radio and rx are binded..if u have a digital radio u need to check your settings.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I got a pb kill switch and it only has the surface mount pc board LED can I add one to mount outside the box without buying new kill switch?

I am running this on a 4PK radio set up if just had a way to add a feature on main display screen that ch 3 was on or off would be ok too.

M

magnum57

Best investment you can buy for your large-scale rc’s. I put the killer bee in all my rc’s except the boats. WHH has an EKG kill switch I use for boats. I use a 3pk and use the #3 switch with the led light. Awesome product never had any problems. Love the fact that when I pull up my rig and hit the third channel it cuts the motor off while my buddies have to bend down and push the kill switch. Pretty sweet. With the 2.4 GHz fast system and the kill switch I ride with the most confidence you can have with these little missiles. Enjoy the hobby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts