• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

kill switch acting funny

6victor6

Contributor
Ok.. so I have this killswitch...

http://innovativehobby.com/modified3rdchankillswitchfailsafe-pnp.aspx

and I was driving around, everything doing fine when all the sudden the engine died and wont start again.. I open the receiver box and the light on the killswitch is blinking. This means no radio link according to the makers of the switch. But the radio and receiver are fine, batteries are good, servos working with gusto... so.. I try turning the receiver off and on again.. nothing.. unplug and plug the battery back in.. no dice.. unplug and replug the switch back in .. same thing.. blinking even though the radio is on.. So I turned off the radio and the light on the switch goes solid!?! wtf? With the radio off, I yank the pullstart and the engine fires up!.. Turn the radio back on and it dies again.. :confused: I looked all over the place trying to find an answer to this but with no luck... I even tried rebinding my dx3r and got the same results..

Anyone got any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Evildomain

Contributor
Doesn't it seem weird that it was driving fine when it happened? It's not like you can

reverse the channel or change the EPA accidentally while you are running, right? He'd

actually have to be messing with the TX and still drive the truck. I can't even hold

a camera steady and navigate my MT at the same time. Could his receiver have lost it's

bind and reset during the drive?

6victor6

Contributor
Its a spectrum dx3r.. Yeah, rebound .. checked epa... Its like the killswitch is working in reverse... And happened in the middle of a run.. I don't think the 3rd channel has anything to do with it.. But hell, I don't know.. Maybe it just went bad.. :(

Evildomain

Contributor
If you have the receiver and tx turned on can you still press the 3rd channel button and see

anything happen with the killswitch or does it not respond at all? Does the LED only change

when you turn the tx off?

6victor6

Contributor
Evildomain said:
If you have the receiver and tx turned on can you still press the 3rd channel button and see
anything happen with the killswitch or does it not respond at all? Does the LED only change

when you turn the tx off?
3rd channel doesn't respond.. tried reversing it.. nothin. .. and yes, the light only stops flashing and goes solid once I turn the tx off.

Evildomain

Contributor
Since it stopped working while you were driving I would just talk to whoever you

bought it from and exchange it. Maybe it's a bad unit...

Obeast44

Banned
Ok, we will get this sorted. I don't have a dx3r, just a dx3.0. From my understanding a dx3r has a 3position 3rd channel. Maybe and bear with me when I try and explain this. It could be that the killswitch will remain to function on 2 of the 3 settings. Im assuming it works just like the KillerRC switch. Maybe I can find some information to help you out. If not, I would be willing to test it out with my DX3.0 and pay for shipping back to you myself.

6victor6

Contributor
Man I appreciate the offer.. Honestly, i really don't think the third channel has anything to do with it.. And I have set the 3rd channel to 2p.. even checked the the monitor to watch the 3rd channel function properly.. and reversed it..

The killswitch is really behaving as though its opening the circuit when the radio if on and closing the circuit when the radio is off.. So I cant check the 3rd channel cuz its shutting off when the radio is on... ???

Its driving me friggin nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts