• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Kershaw designs- XBE upgrade

bigfol

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I have the Kershaw XB-E motor mount and there have been no problems with it. Plus I am using more power than his 8S set up.
Hows kershaws 12s esc holding up? Is that what you are using, I want to go to 12s with the new 7075 xbe chassis, but no one can tell me if there is a12s capable esc out there that can do the job without going up in flames besides the MGM-Pro 16s esc.......

Kaz the Minotaur

My Kershaw 12S ESC let the smoke out. I was one of the beta testers for them. I thought it needed more caps. He is selling the 16S version.

Anyway the Kershaw ESCs appear to be made in the same factory as the FighterCat ESCs. (I used the same program box) I have (2) 16SS FighterCat ESCs. One of them is NIB. He sent it to me because the firmware wouldn't update. It was running fine but I haven't used my XBE in a while. Lots of power with a 5698 Leopard...in fact I spun my stock plastic wheel hexes.

bigfol

Kaz the Minotaur said:
My Kershaw 12S ESC let the smoke out. I was one of the beta testers for them. I thought it needed more caps. He is selling the 16S version.Anyway the Kershaw ESCs appear to be made in the same factory as the FighterCat ESCs. (I used the same program box) I have (2) 16SS FighterCat ESCs. One of them is NIB. He sent it to me because the firmware wouldn't update. It was running fine but I haven't used my XBE in a while. Lots of power with a 5698 Leopard...in fact I spun my stock plastic wheel hexes.
I want to use 12s when I get the new xbe chassis from 7075, don't really want to spend $700 odd on a mgm esc....I email kershaw and see if he has had any luck with the 16s esc's.

Knuckles

I got an email back from him and he said he gets the occasional bad one off the production line but he said the factory support is very good if there is a problem. I am running an Xl2 that went up in smoke twice. I think the 16s one would be the one of choice in my opinion. I think if you stay 2s under Max on an esc it is normally ok. I only run my mamba monster with 4s on my savage and have had no problems. I think I am pushing it with 8s on Xl2.

bigfol

I agree its nice to have some head room in the esc dept, can't wait to give 12s a try, just waiting on the xbe chassis from 7075 to be in stock and then the tear down/rebuild begins......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts