• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

K&N Air Filters

Chief409

Before and after pictures of the DT1 filter install.

Stock filter mount.

Velocity stack. the M5X55 screws are about 4mm longer then the stock install.

DT1 in place - NOT oiled yet, OK?

Outerwears installed. Remind anyone of a certain donkey part?

Now I should get MORE run time, less clean time. It's 2 filters vs 1! And a better filter system and mount, the stock filter DID let some dust through, flexing I think. NOT GOOD! But, it is tough keeping things out when the front tires on a 4X4 are blasting the air filter, which is why I've always used the Outerwears. Thought about plexi shields attached to the roll cage first, decided no, more stuff to take off and put back on during servicing, plus in the summer I want all the air I can get flowing to the engine, clutch and tranny. So I got Outerwears before the DR tires ever hit dirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

looking good! - never owned that type of car before, so i gotta ask- is your gas tank vented somewhere? i ask this cause i see no vent on the gas cap- just tryen to help man-- tanks gotta be vented.

G

Looks good, even for a donkey! :D

Chief409

alfred e numan said:
looking good! - never owned that type of car before, so i gotta ask- is your gas tank vented somewhere? i ask this cause i see no vent on the gas cap- just tryen to help man-- tanks gotta be vented.
A hole in the diaphragm in the cap. I check it every time the cap is off, make sure grunge isn't built up.

alfred e numan

yea, just checking, lots of members here have posted about running lean- from the vent messing up.- have a good weekend running!

Chief409

alfred e numan said:
yea, just checking, lots of members here have posted about running lean- from the vent messing up.- have a good weekend running!
This Great Grand Dad surely plans on doing just that! :D

Now it's time to watch movies on the X-Box, buying a Babylon 5 movie now. Of course, it's part of my generations legacy. Start in the woods, get some fancy education...

Good Old Games has all of my "old" games available from the '90's, ported for Vista, Win 7. Best Buy even has game controllers for PC's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts