• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Juice-Box intake manifold from DDM

MrMeatHooks

jeffp83 said:
Cool, hopefully it works better for you!
Thanks, hopefully it will. As stated in a few posts up I don't mind trying new things, after all it is a cheap experiment, worst case senario, it will make for a sweet looking carb spacer! :D

jeffp83

Hey if you don't like the way it performs you could always jb weld the small hole in it closed and use it in conjunction with the manifold to have a longer intake track... might get some more torque that way :)

G

MrMeatHooks said:
It is going on a 36cc Ported RAMtech engine with a 998 Walbro and side mount JetPro. Im hoping a set up like this will make use of it. I will definately check for leaks prior to installation and give a full run down of before and after thoughts.
You may want to have your pipe modified. I have a jetpro side mount on my 36 and it is too small. The 36 performs better with a larger end bleed pipe.

MrMeatHooks

jeffp83 said:
Hey if you don't like the way it performs you could always jb weld the small hole in it closed and use it in conjunction with the manifold to have a longer intake track... might get some more torque that way :)
Or, just tap the box for nitrous injection, then im pretty sure I would see a performance increase lol

jeffp83

Haha you sure would! I think I'm going to jb weld my juice box shut and use it like that.

G

MrMeatHooks said:
Which pipe would you suggest?
Mine is still on the back burner. The plan is to give Flowsystem my Jetpro and see if it can be modified for better performance. If it doesn't work I will have a pipe built for the truck by Flowsystem.

MrMeatHooks

So, what would give it more performance, a larger expansion chamber, larger tubing at the head? I know different shaped pipes do different things to the power band on 2-stroke engines. Im just not sure how radical the pipe changes would be need to be on the 36 to make the most power. I like rear exit pipes, keeps the oil off the truck and they look cleaner. Maybe we could work together on it, draw something up and have them make it!

G

MrMeatHooks said:
So, what would give it more performance, a larger expansion chamber, larger tubing at the head? I know different shaped pipes do different things to the power band on 2-stroke engines. Im just not sure how radical the pipe changes would be need to be on the 36 to make the most power. I like rear exit pipes, keeps the oil off the truck and they look cleaner. Maybe we could work together on it, draw something up and have them make it!
Flowsystem does porting on the 36. Their pipe has a very large expansion chamber and a larger end bleed stinger. That pipe allowed the motor to rev much higher, generating more power. They have Baja and 5ive pipes designed for the 36. A MT pipe would be a custome job.

MrMeatHooks

Yeah I hit them up for a custom Pipe, done messing around with guess work lol. I don't want to hold back any power from this beasty! And to be honest, I don't like the exhaust hanging out of the side of my truck like a nerf bar LOL. I got for free when I bought my truck.

G

I hope he can do one for ya! I would love to see how it turns out.

MrMeatHooks

RCDAD said:
I hope he can do one for ya! I would love to see how it turns out.
Man me too. I wish I could make my own, but have NO idea how to test to see if it even improves anything. I will let you know what they say, im sure they will be down to build one, a ton of these MT's could use a good pipe for a race motor.

MrMeatHooks

Awesome Upgrade at the same price as a Billet spacer!Ok, so I installed the Juice Box. Before I say anything, I need to let you know the conditions for testing before and after the Box was installed. Prior to installing the juice box I tuned the motor and made some passes. I also noted the trottle response with zero linkage installed, it is the only way to judge the response accurately. What I found is a stumble point when the throttle was stabbed, no matter what I did to the low and high screws. The second thing I noticed was the transition from low to midrange, it was not smooth and felt flat. It also loaded up with quick raps of the throttle and then stalled. After I installed the Box; I noticed right away something was different ( after tuning the carb )... When I stabbed the trottle it was MUCH crisper and responsive, the bog and stumbling was gone. RPM's increased smoothly when the throttle was opened, not like before when it would go from one extreme to another. When I drove the truck I noticed that the power was different. It was smoother, and did not hit like it used to. Its like the box, somehow changed the powerband. This is not bad IMO, as the smoother powerband will help traction for sure. The truck did not lose any power either, it was actually quicker. It revs out faster from point A to B. The way I proved this was by taking measurements of the truck in stock form running back and forth from two set points and from a dead stop. That was my basis for testing. I also port matched and opened the plastic intake to match up with the Juice Box. The factory plastic intake spacer is an easy way to add power..just put a sanding wheel on a dremel and go. My final thoughts on this thing is that it works.. I can see it does more then a plain intake will be able to do, and for the same price. I give this thing my recommendation to anyone looking to improve all around performance. It also looks sweet! :DUPDATE; Sorry forgot to post pics! Here they are, I had one of the truck with the engine installed but that photo would not upload. I have the engine out because Im changing the clutch at the moment

003.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/003.jpg.08fb8c088212015671a4106a36f04613.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/002.jpg.39d75a65d13067e4905a86c59e272e93.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/005.jpg.a2f34cd845d1baafbb856046503a2df5.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/006.jpg.ed7cf444f108daa8693730ebe8be052c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts