• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Juice-Box intake manifold from DDM

MrMeatHooks

Ok,

So with all the reading and chatting about intakes etc, I decided to get the Juice box. It acts like boost bottle and carb spacer in one. I feel this is the best design when it comes to boost add ons. It makes sense how this design would help, where the bottles I never understood.

The other advantages of a spacer, other then they look cool, is that they place the carb further from the engine, this causes the fuel to atomize better. Better Atomization = More Power

So, hopefully this addon will help all around!

Any thoughts? Anyone try this design?

MrMeatHooks

It looks like it will function, technically. Better response and a bit more top end. It honestly looks like it would function like a reed block with out the actual reeds but with the pulsing aspect.

Sergio

I asked The same a while ago and everyone here say they were crap but since You gonna use it let us know how it goes

MrMeatHooks

Yeah, boost bottles are worthless. This as you can see mounts before the carburetor, there is a desent sized hole leading to the box inside the spacer. It should really make a difference reducing the pulses and steadying the fuel charge. I figure its the same price as a regular spacer, so you can't go wrong if it works better. I think the intake looks bad A, and I'm hopeful ot will do something lol.

Ildy666

In the picture u posted it looks to have a intake bolted to the juice box.looks like u might need both...

MrMeatHooks

Ildy666 said:
In the picture u posted it looks to have a intake bolted to the juice box.looks like u might need both...
Its the factory intake. It will be fine if the ports align, if not I can gasket match. I'm not worried so much about the factory intake warping as it will be further away from the engine with the juice box installed. I like plastic intakes because of the heat barrier they provide between the Carb and engine. I know there are aluminum ones with Teflon gaskets, but I'm tying to keep costs down on this trial run.

MrMeatHooks

I am definately optimistic, about the Juice Box. As far as Reed Blocks go, I know they make a huge difference in Motorcycles, however, im not sure about it in a small engine. If you get a good deal, then go for it.

I would not steer anyone from trying something new, after all, you will never know, if you never try. The fact is, people expect to see huge results when they bolt on new upgrades, if they don't, they say it does not work, or its garbage, etc. Even if performance is barely noticeable, that is proof enough of something working. You cant expect wheels from changing an intake spacer, but you can definately improve things from it..

G

Hope it works for ya.

I look forward to hearing if it works and how well.

jeffp83

I actually bought one of those big bore juice boxes a while back and ran it for quite a few tanks. The first thing you will want to do is take it apart and seal the two halves, I used a spray gasket sealant. There is an o-ring preinstalled but mine was leaking air and the sealant fixed it. As for performance, it didn't do a darn thing... infact it actually hindered it. I took it off and haven't used it since. Could be the type of engine I had it on, it was a stock 26cc CY. If anyone is interested in one I'll sell you mine.

Ildy666

jeffp83 said:
I actually bought one of those big bore juice boxes a while back and ran it for quite a few tanks. The first thing you will want to do is take it apart and seal the two halves, I used a spray gasket sealant. There is an o-ring preinstalled but mine was leaking air and the sealant fixed it. As for performance, it didn't do a darn thing... infact it actually hindered it. I took it off and haven't used it since. Could be the type of engine I had it on, it was a stock 26cc CY. If anyone is interested in one I'll sell you mine.
It looked kinda gimmicky to me.i like to use just a good carb. and a aluminum intake a teflon gaskets.sometimes simpler is better more gaskets mean more air leaks and more hassles...

MrMeatHooks

It is going on a 36cc Ported RAMtech engine with a 998 Walbro and side mount JetPro. Im hoping a set up like this will make use of it. I will definately check for leaks prior to installation and give a full run down of before and after thoughts.

jeffp83

Ildy666 said:
It looked kinda gimmicky to me.i like to use just a good carb. and a aluminum intake a teflon gaskets.sometimes simpler is better more gaskets mean more air leaks and more hassles...
Agreed! I like the Z-RC aluminum manifolds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts