• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

issues staying running

jonathan13

I have been trying to break in my new rampage, but it keeps dying. If I hit a big bump it immediately cuts off and takes a couple pulls to get going again. Also, a lot of the time when I let off the throttle it wants to die. I kind of have to "blip" the throttle after I let off to keep it going.

The second part to me sounds like an issue with the low needle tuning. As for it dying when I hit a bump I am not so sure.

Any suggestions?

jonathan13

I leaned my low side needle a 16th and it seems to be running much better. Can't test it too much more today unfortunately since I'm actually at work right now lol

G

It could just be a tuning issue.

You might want to check your carb and intake bolts. You might have a slight air leak.

jonathan13

It is running much better now. Almost perfect. I did get it up in the air just a bit right before I stopped for the evening and it cut off when it hit the ground. Seems like that might be a wiring issue.

I did hit bigger air earlier in the run and it performed fine. Then one small jump at the end and it cut off again.

Weird.

jonathan13

I'm just going to double check all the wiring when I install the kill switch. I know I never should have been running it without the kill switch. Please don't be harsh on me! Lol... I just couldn't wait.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is that at high speeds on the road, it seems like the wheels are bouncing around a lot. If it was a real car I would say the wheels are out of balance but obviously you don't balance wheels on this. What could be causing this? Maybe it's out of alignment?

Michaels12

Make sure your gas cap is vented.

The intermittent "dying" is too subjective to say that's the cause... Just a shot in the dark

phreerider

jonathan13 said:
I'm just going to double check all the wiring when I install the kill switch. I know I never should have been running it without the kill switch. Please don't be harsh on me! Lol... I just couldn't wait.Another thing I wanted to ask about is that at high speeds on the road, it seems like the wheels are bouncing around a lot. If it was a real car I would say the wheels are out of balance but obviously you don't balance wheels on this. What could be causing this? Maybe it's out of alignment?
i noticed the same thing running my friends MT, sounds as though the tires are flopping around, like rolling mat flapping. ...i think its the width of the tire and lack of support through pressure or thick support ribbing so the middle vibrates/cavitation in the thinner parts. seems to a be drag on the system for sure, definitely robbing some power there

phreerider

jonathan13 said:
It is running much better now. Almost perfect. I did get it up in the air just a bit right before I stopped for the evening and it cut off when it hit the ground. Seems like that might be a wiring issue.I did hit bigger air earlier in the run and it performed fine. Then one small jump at the end and it cut off again.

Weird.
a test for wiring stuff,

- fire it up with cover off the rx box (no foam and stuff)

(don't forget coil/spark plug wire)

- select wires and pull/tug on EACH connection in an isolated fashion

- repeat til your satisfied all is solid or find a sensitive point that shuts it down just like the jerk of a landing.

could be broken prong within a plug ...just gotta go through it

jonathan13

I will test it out tomorrow and let you guys know what happens. And yeah also, I really think different wheels would help performance and longevity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts