• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

is this oil to thick?

rampagemt

I am wanting to put diff oil in the diffs and all i have is 50,0000 and 30,000 ofna diff oil will that be to thick. Don't wanna snap anything. And while i am in there will it be a good idea to temper the diff cups ? It's a v3 rampage mt

alfred e numan

diff cups tempering

idly? what color should the metal be heated to, orange? red? After the steel is heated to the correct color- is the part dipped in oil? quinched in water? allowed to air cool? i am clueless-- and need help. the didfcup ear i broke had zero wear at the area the pin rubs, but looking closely at the broken surface of the cup it appeared grainy- as if the steel was not fused together completely--

Ildy666

Heat it up till it turns blue and keep going till it turns grey and stop.don't dunk it in water or oil.i put mine in a clay coffee mug and put a dish on top and let it cool on its own.when cool your done.the tempering should only take a minute or so.don't heat till its red that makes it to brittle.good luck and let me know how it goes...ps. I put my 250r motor back together had my 10 &11 year old sons torque the cylinder and head gasket hopes its good..lol..but at least there learning early..pm u later...Ildy

alfred e numan

Thank you Idly. I ordered parts from r-u faster yesterday. I do have a mapp torch, this should have enough btu to turn gray. - its good that you show the kids the ropes about working on engines idly- my late father pulled the green-chain at the sawmill. during the week he was very tired from this back breaking work- i had enough brains to understand this- on weekends we always went camping together- waaaayy-far back in the high mountians- quality time!! me- dad- sister kathy- and mom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts