• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

IRP Steering Link

G

Had the XB out last weekend. Clipped a bolder and snapped one of the turnbuckles in the steering link.

Problem solved. I installed the IRP steering links today. These are really beefy.

-

77263B0D-514D-4D51-86BE-E4DC804001B2-2229-0000043ED2E28F06_zps2977f005.jpg

BertR

Hey those look good and so dose the dirt on your tires lol. thats the dirtiest I have ever seen your models yet. I would like a set of them! They are a beefy product.

G

I actually threw them on after the I had the wreck. I was running the aluminum wheels. The first thing I thought was " oh sh1+ I bet I broke a wheel". They actually are pretty tough. No bends or cracks. I was happy to see the snapped turnbuckle.

Also it had seen my RC cleaner and air compressor before I did the repairs. I can't stand dirty cars. :D

BertR

It is so hard to keep them clean this time of year in my neck of the woods they are better of on the stand.I was not saying that your XB was filthy by any means! it looked like there was some dust on the treads of the tire lol, Good thing it was the turn buckle and not the wheels aluminum parts get costly..wheels in particular

G

No worries, I didn't take it that way. LOL By that pic it's hard to tell it took a good beat'n.

BertR

I would never of guessed you had a collision! when I hit things .. hold on let me rephrase that. . when things run in front of me I leave a trail of parts to no end.

bigfol

RCDAD said:
Had the XB out last weekend. Clipped a bolder and snapped one of the turnbuckles in the steering link. Problem solved. I installed the IRP steering links today. These are really beefy.

-

They do look tough, got a link...?

G

They don't seem to be on there site yet. I contacted them directly for mine. About $80 for a pair. I want another set for the rear upper links. There is no slop in those rod end. They are much better than the factory versions.

bigfol

RCDAD said:
They don't seem to be on there site yet. I contacted them directly for mine. About $80 for a pair. I want another set for the rear upper links. There is no slop in those rod end. They are much better than the factory versions.
Yeah the original links get a fair bit of slop in them after a few runs,pretty sure I saw some others around here somewhere, I think they where for a baja, can't remember who posted them....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts