• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Intake Manifold

laxbro19

Pulled out the DR on Friday for the first time in several months. She ran like a charm. Pulled her out today, fired her up and rpms were all over the map. Went and grabbed some carb cleaner and started spraying it around the head and exhaust gaskets and sure enough when I got to the intake rpms shot up for a sec. Further inspection shows that the intake manifold warped. Guess it's time to finally order the aluminum one from ddm

G

It happens....

alfred e numan

I bolt up an after market intake manafold before i even start these engines. usually an ADA brand. one less thing to go wrong. There are stories all over the place about plastic intakes- seized chainsaws, weed eaters- even some full sized automobile engines have plastic intakes-- mind boggling.

G

Agreed...

Since I do a better carb before first start an aluminum intake is always used.

Greggfromohio

I think I'm going to take your guys advise and get an aluminum intake. Would someone please be kind enough to post a link to one that will fit my truck? I still have a bit of a hard time figuring out what parts will for sure work with my truck. I have a rampage mt v3 with stock motor, stock air filter and a walbro 668 carb.*

Phill

laxbro19 said:
Ordered tons of new stuff from ddm. Aluminum intake manifold, wt813 carb, 8000rpm clutch set and new throttle/brake and steering servos
Which servos did you get?

Thanks

Phll

Ildy666

The blem intake is a good deal.it wont take much to take off the yellow color and make it raw aluminum again or run it like that.I have a tall intake on my MT it seems to have good performance...but i here there is no difference in intakes. never ran the short aluminum on it so nothing to compare to...

Phill

Thanks

From what I'm reading about the throttle sticking I think it's time I changed mine

Phill

RCDAD said:
I always do mine before the first run just to be safe.
I really need to put a remote kill on it but can't find any in Aus

Might have to get one from Pitstop and pay the postage

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts