• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Info on anyone using the factory wheel bearings.

erdoganog

I have found out that the INNER wheel bearing goes out first since there are 2 bearings per wheel axle hub..

My XT's tire started wobbling i knew it was the bearing came home and took it apart the INNER wheel bearing was GONE totally dead but the outer one was totally FINE!

So i checked the other rear side bearings same conclusion! the inner bearing was on its way to being "dead"... but the outer was completely fine!

God knows how the fronts are.....

So my point here is that even if your wheels/tires look straight on no wobbling,or etc etc.. you may already have a bearing that might be dead or on its way to being dead this can result in more drive train wear since my inner bearing looked "fine" but when you tried to spin it, it was hard to spin and made clicking sounds..

so take my advice and check anyways :D

BertR

I use a run of the mill bearing from largeScale and 7075 hub adapters and its been 4 months or so and still like new. Others use 7075 hub carriers with a larger bearing and they love them.If you are running the stock wheels Try not to over tighten the wheels as it puts a butt-load of lateral strain on the bearing and that will cause a speedy failure . You may want to fab some spacers to fit between the inner and outer bearing.

more good than harm will come of it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts