• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I'm thinking Belt Drive!

Mike4130

I'm dying to do something new to my rig so, after scouring the web, I came across RC Pitstop & the belt drive.

If I'm correct, the standard belt drive kit will work on my V3 MT. Anyone have input/experience on this?

RCDAD, I saw your video on Youtube regarding the tension, I'm in.

G

The 1:1 kit will work with Baja sized tires. It's too high of a ratio for the huge MT tires.

We have stopped selling the multi ratio kit for now. The adjustable tension idler pulley seemed to be problematic for some. If the belt is too tight it will destroy the belt and bearings by adding too much lateral load on the shafts. The belts need to have some play like what is seen in the vid.

So we are looking into a alternative solution for different sized pulleys on the fixed plate. I'm hoping by next year to have something in the works. ;)

rampagemt

Keep up the work on that multo ratio kit as I will be needing some hear in the new year

Mike4130

Doh! I was really excited about the belt drive.

Maybe some type of plate across the front face of the pulleys. That would tie all 3 together and solve the lateral load issue.

What is the issue with 1:1 on the large tires? is it to much of a load?

G

For some reason folks like to tighten down the belt. It has teeth so it does not grab by friction. When the belts are tight it prematurely wears out. When all the pulleys are fixed it becomes foolproof.

The 1:1 ratio is too tall for the MT tires.

Mike4130

RCDAD said:
For some reason folks like to tighten down the belt. It has teeth so it does not grab by friction. When the belts are tight it prematurely wears out. When all the pulleys are fixed it becomes foolproof.The 1:1 ratio is too tall for the MT tires.
What do you mean by "Too Tall"?

G

There will be more options in the future. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts