• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Idler gear nut removal woes...

Dongskie

I was inspecting my gears and wanted to remove them all for cleaning, unfortunately the idler shaft for the middle gears wasn't fixed and needed to be countered from the inside so it wouldn't spin while attempting to loosen the nut.

To add difficulty to the situation, there isn't much space to fit a spanner or a anything in there, thus, removing the whole assembly seems to be the only option.

Is there any other option with the shaft?

Thanks guys!

gearchartrampage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

No other options on this ...I have a wrench that is small enough to fit without removal of the diff plate. I will post the size when I get home tonight.

rcgasser

I use regular needle nose pliers that will fit onto the flat part on the back of the shaft that will hold while you unscrew the nut.

phreerider

rcgasser said:
I use regular needle nose pliers that will fit onto the flat part on the back of the shaft that will hold while you unscrew the nut.
+1 , small pliers and miniature vise grips seems to work

BertR

I have used needle nose before and worked dam good lol.... Find the smallest 8 mm wrench you can if you don't want to use plier's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts