• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hpi baja air filter

techrider62

Whats is needed to use a hpi baja air filter with rampage carb.I'm looking at the 'UFO' Carbon Filter Kit

lightning73

The HPI filter is very popular most people use it myself included. I also use the angled shredstack, it works in conjunction with the filter assembly and allows you to use the HPI filter without it getting in the way of your linkage.

lightning73

I was just thinkin the same thing when I looked up that link for ya, Ive been shoppin around for different prices on parts lately and have found a few different upgrade items to be out of stock which is a bit of a bummer.

lightning73

About a month ago I think I payed 100 bucks for a used "ddm" side dominator pipe, saved like 70 bucks cause they sell new for around 170.00. The pipe made a huge difference in performance too.

lightning73

Than a CPI pipe might be a good choice if your not lookin to make alterations to your body or cut into any plastics. Krashkrieg just bought one and could probably give you the rundown on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
Turns out I do have to alter the body just a little...the pipe end is a little too close to the edge of lid, had to clip away some so it won't melt...pics very soon, just finished the body b4 work today... :D

lightning73

Now that I think about it techrider didnt you say you have a TT? If so with that lid you may not have to make any alterations. Hopefully if someone has used the CPI pipe with the TT they could offer some info here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts