• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hpi AfterMarket on Xb?

Silent_chaos

Sup,

I was wondering if the below mentioned products can fit the XB.

1) Shocks:

http://www.davesmotors.com/tr69x

I read RCDAD mentioning that the front shocks of the HPI would fit both Front and Rear of the XB with minor tweaking (driling the tower as such it is not a direct mount)

can someone advise if I get the shocks in the above mentioned link, what are the additional missing parts that I need to make the it fit the XB?

at the bottom of the page, it says:

.:Needed & recommended Parts:.

•Shock Oil - 57ml (2oz) ~ fills two and half shocks.

I guess, I'll get the LOSI oil

•Baja 5B 5T SS Rear Shock Brace - part# 87551

is this necessary for XB mount?

•recommended - front shock braces for extra support - Innovative-RC or other. (TR fully comparable with TR top pivot stand-offs)

is this necessary for XB mount?

2) K&N Air Filter:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.761/.f

I have the Stock motor with Wt-990 carb installed, is this filter a Direct mount?

if you see the drop down menu, you can see 4 options, can anyone advise me which ones to use?

3) CVD arms:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3361/.f

I would like to replace the 4 stock CVDs that comes with the Xb,

does anyone have experience if the above fits the Xb?any additional mods?

rampage idiot

The shocks will work you may need to make some spacers,the hpi shock braces will not work, I would not run the K&n unless you are just running on pavement most people are running the stock hpi filter or what I use is the DT1 filter and FLM makes all the cvd and driveline parts for the XB

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
The shocks will work you may need to make some spacers,the hpi shock braces will not work, I would not run the K&n unless you are just running on pavement most people are running the stock hpi filter or what I use is the DT1 filter and FLM makes all the cvd and driveline parts for the XB
can you link me to the DT1 filter?

and are you saying that the stock CVD and drive line is FLM made?

if not, please link me I'd be thankful.

G

Silent_chaos said:
for the CVD, it says here, Front CVD Kit For Rampage XT and XT (im sure they meant for XB), however is the front CVD the same length of the rear CVD??
All the X series cars use the same diff to wheel shafts. So the dogbones and CVDs are interchangeable between the vehicles and work on front or back.

Silent_chaos

Just added to cart the Foam Filter -Triple Flow and DDM Tall RC / CY Velocity Stack,

they mention that it fits Walbro WA / WT / WYK style carburetors, I have the wt-990.

let's see how this will end up looking

Silent_chaos

sorry for the repetitive questions, but I wanna gain every dollar from DDM's Black Friday.

what will be the difference in terms power/acceleration/high-end-speed between installing a 8000 rpm spring and DDM Premium 9500 High-RPM spring over the stock one?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts