• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How your XT shouldn't look

ImminentFailure

IMG-20110708-00016.jpg

IMG-20110708-00017.jpg

IMG-20110708-00019.jpg

May be parting it out, so if you're interested in some cheap backup parts, keep an eye on the sale area. The back end is 100% fine, trans gears themselves undamaged, and fort a-arms, shocks, and CVD's all good. So is the center Diff and drive line. Rampge c-hubs and 7075 rc took it like a champ, after their first 10 mins of run time haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Damn man that sucks! I feel your pain man as I had my first Baja get hit by a car in my driveway on its first tank!

ohdeeuhm

So, I guess the big question is.. did you chase this person down and run over his golf clubs? haha :D

RampageHopUps

Well, I offered to help you rebuild it, but looking at the pictures, its a goner. Piece out the good stuff and call me if you want a deal on another.

ImminentFailure

It's undergone full break down, it may not be as bad as it looks.

If I do decide to rebuild it, i was wondering about the diffs. I hear a lo of 1/5 driver say to fill the diff with diff oil, these just seem to have some grease applied.

What's the preference? Can i just shove a crap ton of white lithium in there, or should i fill them up with like 1000wt diff oil?

Obeast44

Banned
ImminentFailure said:
It's undergone full break down, it may not be as bad as it looks. If I do decide to rebuild it, i was wondering about the diffs. I hear a lo of 1/5 driver say to fill the diff with diff oil, these just seem to have some grease applied.

What's the preference? Can i just shove a crap ton of white lithium in there, or should i fill them up with like 1000wt diff oil?
1k,7k or 10k is what most of the guys I have talked to seem to prefer.

ImminentFailure

I thought stock XT gearing was 35-25-25-25? I have 29-31-25-25.

If i rebuild and put on Baja tires like badlands/bow ties, is that a decent gearing? Or would it be less about the tires, and more about my driving style? Which is very short course bashing, i.e. i never make it over 3/4 speed if that. Run my x-can exhaust for low end, and the light weight shoes + 8000 rpm spring for quality launching.

Last edited by a moderator:

rob64n

Contributor
ImminentFailure said:
I thought stock XT gearing was 35-25-25-25? I have 29-31-25-25. If i rebuild and put on Baja tires like badlands/bow ties, is that a decent gearing? Or would it be less about the tires, and more about my driving style? Which is very short course bashing, i.e. i never make it over 3/4 speed if that. Run my x-can exhaust for low end, and the light weight shoes + 8000 rpm spring for quality launching.
29/31/25/25 should be stock gearing if you want more put your 31 on the clutch bell

ImminentFailure

Does that up the acceleration factor a bit? I'm less about top speed? I've searched gearing out on this site, and largescale RC a lot today, have lots of posts about what people use, but nothing with a conceptual explanation.

Hook a brother up with the knowledge love pleas!

Obeast44

Banned
The lower the tooth gear on the clutchbell the lower the top speed. If you have 29/31/25/25 leave it like that. You can get 27/33 for an MCD that will give an even lower ratio if you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts