• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How to run the first 3 tanks?

Alex_vtt

Can somebody give some tips how to run my first tanks on my TT??? I am using a around 20/1 Oil Gas (I know is to much oil but is just for the first 2 or 3 tanks. I am currently on the secind tank and I am already speeding up harder than the first tank. How to run the engine meanwhile its is too tight.

NOTE: My TT came with a 30cc engine....... This engine has a sticker written 30cc FUELIE~ on the side....does somebody know the specs of this engine?

Thanks

kryptonite

running in the engine is simple. 25:1 oil mix. stock carb settings. i let it idle for maybe 1/4 tank(not sure why.lol). then i just run it. i try not to keep it full throttle for more then a few seconds for the first tank. i do that by running in small areas(my back yard). after the 2nd or half way thru the 3rd tank i will lean out the high side just a hair, maybe 1/8 of a turn. by the 4th tank the motor has really losened up. i switch to 32:1 and do a plug chop(tuning by the plug color/max rpm). i wont re-tune unless i change something like fuel mix or motor upgrades. you don't have to be too carefull with the break in. ive leaned motors out straight from the box with no issues. cant help you on the 30cc specs. im not really convinced there 30cc is a true 30cc.

Alex_vtt

kryptonite said:
running in the engine is simple. 25:1 oil mix. stock carb settings. i let it idle for maybe 1/4 tank(not sure why.lol). then i just run it. i try not to keep it full throttle for more then a few seconds for the first tank. i do that by running in small areas(my back yard). after the 2nd or half way thru the 3rd tank i will lean out the high side just a hair, maybe 1/8 of a turn. by the 4th tank the motor has really losened up. i switch to 32:1 and do a plug chop(tuning by the plug color/max rpm). i wont re-tune unless i change something like fuel mix or motor upgrades. you don't have to be too carefull with the break in. ive leaned motors out straight from the box with no issues. cant help you on the 30cc specs. im not really convinced there 30cc is a true 30cc.
Thank for the tips... I did pretty much like that.... I am just questioning about that cuz i feel the engine is too slow for a 30cc compared with the other ones that I have seen on YOUTUBE...... it maybe be cuz the engine is still tight and running with to much oil in.....however it is far away do some wheeling that I see on some videos. I still have the stock exaust.

From zero until top end takes a little while until you feel that that the revs are high....seems that engine has no power in low revs....only after few seconds with WOT.

kryptonite

i don't really know what the specs are on the 30cc you have, but it is common for those numbers to be fudged.. FS makes a 30cc as well and its really a 26. one way to get the most out of the motor is by putting a good exhoust on it. that motor is getting strangled with the stock can. a tuned pipe will accent the power band greatly, give higher rpms and more lower end power. all 2 strokes lack in lower end power, so getting the clutch to grab closer to the power band will help. stock clutch spring is at 6k. the "red" 8k clutch spring will really help out alot. also taking the stinger off the stock pipe will help with throttle responce. your best bet for power will be a tuned pipe. some have been dyno tested to give more then 1 full hp. the power band that you get from a tuned pipe is super fun. also your 20:1 fuel mix is too much. 25:1 is manufactor specs and its safe to run 32:1 wich will help with your tune and better throttle responce

DemonRC

If it is truely a 30cc it's gonna get choked up more with that stock can more than a 23 or 26 would. Like Kryp said, a good pipe is gonna wake that engine up. More than any other upgrade would. A Sprint77 rear DOM or side DOM would be your best bet. You won't be pulling wheelies but I gaurantee with the right carb settings you will rut the shit outta your yard.

Anyways, here's how I run all my engines on the first tank:

Tank 1 (first quarter): idle on the bench with stock 1 1/4 L and 1 1/2 H settings

Tank 1 (2nd quarter): leave carb at stock settings and run it like normal but not WOT for more than a few seconds

Tank 1 (last half): adjust for prime carb settings and let her rip.

You don't have to baby these engines like a nitro engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Is it a CY engine? All of the CYs I have seen have their sizes stamped on the block and piston. If its a CY you could take the head off and check. To run in I go easy on the first 2 tanks and don't hold it floored until the 2nd one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts