• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How To Improve Braking Performance?

almighty15

Being blunt, the brakes suck! Even with an half decent Savox servo they're still not great.

Is there a way to improve them or any after market upgrades for it?

ika

How to improve breaking performance?I use smaller servo on MT than stockservo (stock burned) and it still brakes well.just shorten spring little bit and replace inset bolt with standart one.inset bolt does not tighten well and needs constant adjustment. View attachment 7747

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431797202.257832.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431797202.257832.jpg

/monthly_2015_05/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431797202.257832.jpg.729012556aeb4553c7bbe96986bd2bf6.jpg

BertR

You have 2 grub screws on the layshaft carrier that you can screw in to adjust your breaks.. I can lock up all 4 on asphalt no problem.

Ildy666

BertR said:
You have 2 grub screws on the layshaft carrier that you can screw in to adjust your breaks.. I can lock up all 4 on asphalt no problem.
+1 on that my MT brakes lock all 4 up no problem...

Ice_2k

BertR said:
Can you post a photo of those screws? You made me curious

rcgasser

They are the only 2 grub screws that are by the brake pads. The grub screws is what press against the brakes pads and make the car stop and I agree redcat has the best grabbing brakes out there when you adjust them right.

Sandman_73

Braking performance on mine was pretty poor out of the box. I lengthened the lever arm slightly on the brake assembly and adjusted the grub screw slider on the spring to apply a little more tension. Locks up pretty good now.

Ice_2k

Lengthening the brake lever actually sounds like a really good idea! Increasing the force applied without stressing the servo. Good thinking!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online