• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How powerful is the 30CC engine?

CTGT2005

I have a spare CY GP290 engine that I was running on my 5B. The GP290 is rated something like 3.5hp. Which engine is the HY 30cc most comparable to?

If its substantially less powerful than the GP290, would the drivetrain on the redcat be up for the task?

G

No prob at all. There are a bunch of us running the high hp OBR motors in the cats.

Ruffy

CTGT2005 said:
Geez, Would love to see a video of that in action. Know of one by chance?
You don't want to see a video of a OBR motor! I say this because that's all you will think of day and night haha.

now for the first question. The 30.5 motor is pushing close to 4hp at the most if broke in right. I have more then enough fun with my 30.5 stock motor with the Jetpro pipe.

CTGT2005

Just wanted to bring this up, I located the specs in the manual. They are as follows:

26CC .85kw = 1.14hp

30CC 1.1kw = 1.47hp

36CC 1.6kw = 2.14hp

Obviously these numbers will vary based on intake and exhaust combinations, but 3.5hp seems like a bit of a stretch.

G

You will get 10 different ratings from 10 diferent testers.

I think that number might be based off of the rich factory carb settings. Once broken in and tuned properly, there is a night and day difference in performance from the initial first run.

krebidoux

i have the f270 in my xb. the 30.5 that cam with it can't even come close to the performance of the f270. in my opinion the 1.47hp would be close. i run 35/25/25/25 gears and baja tires with the side pipe jetpro and she rips. tried the same gearing but stock tires and she luged off the start and not even close to being as fast with the stock motor.

TKDCOMPUTERS

I don't have a dyno, but i do have 30 years working on cars and motorcyles 2 & 4 strokes. I think the stock 30cc has close to 3 hp. i added a k&n cone air filter, jet-pro side mount, gtb intake, xsc tires and rims to my xb. with WOT off the line on the street all four tires spin and hop and sometimes uncontrolabe to keep streight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts