• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how does the hpi air filter mount to the carb.?

Ictinike

title says it all... I got a hpi air filter and I think I am missing a part.... just woundering what part

Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Trickle007

Contributor
Need some more details, but did you get this? if so then in this picture on the bottom right take that and mount it to the carb. Just take the 2 bolts out of the stock airfilter (these bolts run all the way through the carb they are long). Put the HPI back piece on and blue lok tite the bolts back in. If ya cant figure out the rest let me know. don't forget to put the metal collars in the back piece of the airfilter housing.

mediaCA6JYBD9.jpg

/monthly_2010_11/mediaCA6JYBD9.jpg.0eee0e68de0d06177413ec500993db49.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ictinike

ahhh then that is what I am missing...I have everything but the mount

that is what I get for shopping on ebay

Heavy Chevy

I'm new to 5th scales. Does this new air filter really worth it? What would you say on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being really worth it. What does it improve the most?

RampageHopUps

I would say a 7. If you grease the inner foam that contacts the base, then make it an 8. If you add an outerwears to it, then make it a 9. There is no 10 filter in my opinion, they will all eventually let dirt in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts