• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hitec Hs-5645MG throttle servo in Rampage MT

G-Man

Hello. I just purchased the Hitec HS-5645MG servo for the throttle and brake to replace the original Hexfly junk that quit working. I am wondering if there is a specific procedure for the installation that somebody can recommend? I have read about setting the end points but can not find info on how to do it. The rest of the install should be straight forward I'd imagine... TIA!!

Phill

G-Man said:
Hello. I just purchased the Hitec HS-5645MG servo for the throttle and brake to replace the original Hexfly junk that quit working. I am wondering if there is a specific procedure for the installation that somebody can recommend? I have read about setting the end points but can not find info on how to do it. The rest of the install should be straight forward I'd imagine... TIA!!
Set your rndpoint on your controller so you get full lock then back it off a little

G-Man

Phill said:
Set your rndpoint on your controller so you get full lock then back it off a little
Phill I am using the stock controller. I have the knob set to zero. When I hit the gas or brake it seems fine, neither is over extending or not pushing far enough. It seems fine but am worried I am going to burn out an expensive servo today when I run it..

G-Man

Ok I got the throttle servo installed. It wouldn't work at all the first way I had it plugged into the receiver so I turned the plug around, now it will work but in reverse. So I flipped the switch on the radio and it now will function. But then I turned off the radio with the receiver still on to test the fail safe and it now gives it full throttle not full brakes. Is there some issue with the servo possibly? This is on a rampage mt with stock radio and receiver. Thanks for any input!!

RampageHopUps

You have to rebind your radio to reset the fail safe positions. There are videos on YouTube to show you.

G-Man

You have to rebind your radio to reset the fail safe positions. There are videos on YouTube to show you.
Thank You Sir. Ok so leave the servo plugged in the way I have it. Functioning backwards with the toggle switch on the radio switched reverse to correct the direction then use the youtube video to rebind the radio?

G-Man

Wow that was easier to reset the failsafe than to find a good video on how to do it. Either way it is now good to go much thanks!!

G-Man

The youtube video I saw was a redcat video. Some young man who set the fail safe with the trim knob. I tried that. It wouldn't mash the brakes far enough so I fully applied the brakes on the radio and then reset it. Now it's good. I am learning this thing slowly but surely.. thanks for the patience

Jonstewart1979

This was last year so I barely remember the issue. Let me ask you this. Did you replace the stock throttle servo? Using stock radio and receiver? What killswitch are you talking about? Etc etc etc..
Thanks! It turned out what I had to do was reset the receiver's failsafe position. The old position was set for the old servo which had not been reversed prior to kill switch install, so turning off the radio was mashing the throttle.

Jonstewart1979

Oh ok buddy. Glad you got it figured out. Sometimes it takes awhile for a response on here. Do you have a superbee killswitch also?
No, I got the cheapo ramtech. Seems to work fine now though. My new problem is keeping the new servo centered. It's in perfect position when turned on, but once it hit the brake it goes to half throttle.

G-Man

No, I got the cheapo ramtech. Seems to work fine now though. My new problem is keeping the new servo centered. It's in perfect position when turned on, but once it hit the brake it goes to half throttle.
Wow that's a weird one. I've heard of the engine stalling when hitting the brakes not reving to half throttle. I'd have to see what you are talking about in video. The throttle should close when braking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online