• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hitec 645 question

xtamhs

Have any of you guys had this happen to you? I installed my servo today and with my transmitter on the same settings, the servo turns in the opposite direction (forward on transmitter is throttle and toward me on transmitter is brake) I know I could just reverse the channel on the transmitter but the only problem when I do that is if the Killer RC ever goes off, it will apply the throttle instead of the brake (I already tested it several times).

Also, are the servos suppose to make a noise while sitting still at full throttle or full brake? I know without resistance they don't, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt damaging them?

rchobby89

ya I just changed my steering servo and it was backwards you just reverse the servo on your remote and for the noise my did to but I fixed it by changing the endpoint adjustment

GoffeeRedCat

xtamhs said:
Have any of you guys had this happen to you? I installed my servo today and with my transmitter on the same settings, the servo turns in the opposite direction (forward on transmitter is throttle and toward me on transmitter is brake) I know I could just reverse the channel on the transmitter but the only problem when I do that is if the Killer RC ever goes off, it will apply the throttle instead of the brake (I already tested it several times). Also, are the servos suppose to make a noise while sitting still at full throttle or full brake? I know without resistance they don't, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt damaging them?
Yea just reverse your servo and reset the failsafe as far as the noise just adjust your end points

xtamhs

Yea but how then would I reverse the direction the Killer RC switch when it goes off?

How do i reset the failsafe?

GoffeeRedCat

xtamhs said:
Yea but how then would I reverse the direction the Killer RC switch when it goes off?How do i reset the failsafe?
The kill switch is just when you loose radio contact of a dying receiver battery. so no there is no direction on the switch

as far as the failsafe hold the button on the reciever while you pull the brakes on the transmitter, it will blink while your holding the button, after the blinking is done your failsafe is set!!!

rampage idiot

YOU NEED TO SET YOUR failsafe on your receiver there is a video on this forum somewhere search setting failsafe

xtamhs

Alright guys I got it to work... Thanks so much!

I still cant get my servo though to not make noise at the end of full brake or full throttle. The endpoint don't have that much more room to move...

Deluge

xtamhs said:
Alright guys I got it to work... Thanks so much!I still cant get my servo though to not make noise at the end of full brake or full throttle. The endpoint don't have that much more room to move...
Are you adding more throw or removing some throw? What I'd do is turn the EPA all the way down and then give it just enough throw to hit full throttle and full brake. If that doesn't work, you have to adjust the lock collars on the linkage.

rampage idiot

Cannot set EPA on stock radio only thing you can set is dual rate which increases or decreases the amount of steering. Thanks Deluge for the info on video

Deluge

rev9fan1 said:
what is end point and how do you adjust it?
Basically it's how you control the servo's throw. Sometimes the servo will want to move farther than the linkage or servo saver will allow. This causes buzzing and puts an unnecessary load on the servo. On the stock radio, you adjust it by using the dual rate (D/R) knob.

rampage idiot

YEH what he said! you can see where my head is I ment throttle and brake not steering in you case, I think its all those bubbles from last nite LOL

G

xtamhs said:
Alright guys I got it to work... Thanks so much!I still cant get my servo though to not make noise at the end of full brake or full throttle. The endpoint don't have that much more room to move...
It won't ever get completely silent unless in the neutral position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts