• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Here's A 10 minute Quick Tip

mvaughn12

LOL so if anyone is like me and is migrating from 1/10 scale and or 1/8 scale.....You probably have a lot of those extra part laying around. Well one Idea given by Mycbr6rr was to run a hose off my tail pipe of my Chimera to keep oil from shooting on the back end. So I decided to take an old manifold from parts I had from my other trucks and the hole is the same as the pipe on the Chimera and use a pair of snips to cut the end then zip tie the part to the end pipe and here is my quick 10 minute fix and it works really well.

I had some yellow hose laying around but I'll be replacing it with a black piece from off one of my old trucks. And this is just a quick fix until you upgrade your pipe or even is you keep the stock this will help with keeping the back end clean and it doesn't hinder the exhaust flow. So I just thought I'd share this with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

mvaughn12

Here's one more quick fix, if you don't like the manifold trick, and you have a hacksaw, cut an old pipe in half you have left over from one of your 1/8 scale vehicles and you can mount it all way to the back end of the pipe.

20140108_125539_resized.jpg

20140108_125539_resized.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/20140108_125539_resized.jpg.661070ca6aab262557cb3ef18a6b22d7.jpg

mvaughn12

Actually you can come right out the back with the cut pipe like the pictures below or you can come from the side. LOL again this is a quick fix and will last.

pipe2.jpg

pipe2.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/pipe2.jpg.6c10d877da75cc0d5d0fd68e89f8c43b.jpg

phreerider

love the big fat bell out the back, i did the silicone tip from my 1/10 and did almost same thing.

nice hack! and thats how its done folks!

mvaughn12

Actually it's not louder, lol I was thinking that at first also but its about the same in noise volume

G

Nice mod...

That will keep the oil mess out of the chassis.

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
Actually you can come right out the back with the cut pipe like the pictures below or you can come from the side. LOL again this is a quick fix and will last.
I'm digging this!! Great job ,I still have to do mine ,my car is not even ready to run ,stii waiting to buy more upgrades

mvaughn12

Mycbr6rr said:
I'm digging this!! Great job ,I still have to do mine ,my car is not even ready to run ,stii waiting to buy more upgrades
LOL Thanks Mycbr6rr!! You were the one that got me thinking on having a pipe running from the back of the exhaust. LOL I have to give Props to where my idea came from!!! Thanks again dude!!!

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
LOL Thanks Mycbr6rr!! You were the one that got me thinking on having a pipe running from the back of the exhaust. LOL I have to give Props to where my idea came from!!! Thanks again dude!!!
Anytime !! Glad I could help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts