• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help With Leopard 5692 Pinion Gear !!

crazivi3tdude

Where are you guys getting your 6mm pinion gear for your 5692 motor? I ordered some pinions but the bore size is 8mm. I found Kershaw Design bore reducer but he is sold out for a while ! any ideas or help? thanks guys.

chapinb

6mm is an odd size. I didnt find any.

Each of my motors had been 8mm and iv gotten my pinions from robinson racing.

If you get kershaw pinions, make sure they are hardened or they will break very easily. If you get the sleeve, id pick up a few...

You've can always get a 5mm bore and drill it out as long as you go slow and make sure its a straight hole.

Edit - looks like ol'fart gave a better answer in the other thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

crazivi3tdude

I thought of drilling, but that will require a drill press to get straight (something i don't own). I have found some pipe to make my own reducer for now, its a full sleeve with a hole the screw so should be better than Kershaws, im only running 6s atm so hopefully it holds, if not ill go with Ol Fart idea. Thanks for your input

bigblkblazin

Take your pinions to a machine shop and have them bore it .it has to be done on a lathe. If you do it any other way it will be off balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts