• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hello Guys anybody help me

Dreggsta

Good post. I like those dt1's. Them w/a prefilter makes since. When I viewed the RBI scoop type filter I thot it was too gimmicky as well. No way I'd show up w/something like that on my rigs. Plus it has a paper filter. I'd take a foam filter over a paper filter any day. The dt1 looks to be a 2 stage filter at that. Plus it's washable. You can go to an atv shop & get foam filter cleaner & oil in an aerosol can & they work great. I used the arctic cat brand stuff on my atv's foam filters for years & they cleaned & re-oiled very very well.

mac mal

I have first hand experience with it and would definitely stay away from it. It let so much dirt through my carb into my engine it's ridiculous!

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/IMG_0109.jpg.a4f6bf18cb18787e6445558b3501cb6a.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/IMG_0346.jpg.f7915857d30031420d9ec5c0df190849.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/IMG_0586.jpg.80c891fbed4a11b79e77acc9e3c07214.jpg

G

mac mal said:
I have first hand experience with it and would definitely stay away from it. It let so much dirt through my carb into my engine it's ridiculous!
Yikes! That's horrible. Thanks for info.

jeffp83

I love the senad paper filter system, I wouldn't go back to a foam filter again. Those RB's probably use a real cheap filter in theirs.

SunSeeker

thanks for the info man we shall make a new thread for the creepy , cheap thing that the followers do not buy it plus to discuss the gimmiks things

Thank you

Dreggsta

That senad is a nice set up but I won't put paper in my truck or atv's. Foam filters are reusable so less waste plus I find they filter a lot better even after they get dirty & muddy. The foam filter oil is great at stopping debris. Plus, 2 stage filters are like having 2 layers of protection. 1 layer, outer layer, that is course & porous & stops most debris then you have a second, inner layer, a fine textured foam that will def catch anything that happens to get past the 1st outter layer. Plus oiled foam filters not only hold up against moisture better but do a better job of stopping the moisture. & that is huge as water doesn't compress! I oil both inside & outside of my filters. My 2 cents. :)

jeffp83

Dreggsta said:
That senad is a nice set up but I won't put paper in my truck or atv's. Foam filters are reusable so less waste plus I find they filter a lot better even after they get dirty & muddy. The foam filter oil is great at stopping debris. Plus, 2 stage filters are like having 2 layers of protection. 1 layer, outer layer, that is course & porous & stops most debris then you have a second, inner layer, a fine textured foam that will def catch anything that happens to get past the 1st outter layer. Plus oiled foam filters not only hold up against moisture better but do a better job of stopping the moisture. & that is huge as water doesn't compress! I oil both inside & outside of my filters. My 2 cents. :)
The foam filter set up is awesome and does a great job, won't argue with that. I just enjoy not having to clean and oil filters any more...it's zero maintenance. I've got probably twenty plus tanks on my original filter that came with the senad setup, likely time to change it now as it's getting pretty filthy but it's kept my engines clean. I don't drive in wet or muddy conditions though and I don't imagine a paper filter would hold up well in that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts