• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HD Steering Servo Horns?

DemonRC

Hey what servo horns are you guys running with sucess? I DNF'ed my qualifier tonight cause my plastic one stripped and I had at least 1/2 lap on the Baja behind me. Kinda a bummer really.

DemonRC

Hitec 5745. I ended up buying an aluminum one at the LHS with a clamp but the material isn't that thick. The horn won't strip, however, I'm worried about twisting the arm. I think I'm going to move off to another servo with a bigger output shaft.

Gas Jocky

I've run the swb horns and they bend easy, I've since changed one of my trucks to the HPI sfl-10 mg2 servo and it seems bullet proof, a little pricey but no issues as of yet

csp1971

Contributor
Gas Jocky said:
I've run the swb horns and they bend easy, I've since changed one of my trucks to the HPI sfl-10 mg2 servo and it seems bullet proof, a little pricey but no issues as of yet
I'm using the HPI servo as well. I bought mine brand new off of ebay for 45 bucks.

AlvaSpeed

csp1971

Catchaser said that he is going for another servo.

Please read below.

catchaser said:
Hitec 5745. I ended up buying an aluminum one at the LHS with a clamp but the material isn't that thick. The horn won't strip, however, I'm worried about twisting the arm. I think I'm going to move off to another servo with a bigger output shaft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts