• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Greg in Tennessee

Greg

Hey guys,i have been doing the r/c thing for a while now,and i'm ready to step up and play with the big boys.Gonna get a rampage,but not sure wich one to buy.I'm really kinda stuck on the Chimera,but i like the the xt as well.I'm really looking for durability and the lowest breakage possible.I don't drive my vehicles off cliffs or nothing but i do like to run them as they are intended.All my electric vehicles are trucks,but for some reason this chimera just grabs me.Any input on the most rugged of the rampage vehicles would be appreciated.

claude bigelow

Don't know about anyone else but I'm Team MT!!!

G

If you want a truck the MT is more durable out of the box. The XT and Chimera are going to be the same in durability. They are basically the same platform. The Chimeras body should break less than the XT due to the cage that supports it. There are lots of upgrades for the Chimera and XT available, if you find the need to make it stronger.

G

Greg said:
Right,but thats the upgraded version of the xt right?I like to do my own upgrades.
No. The MT is a completely different platform.

hotrod9193

Idk about any of the others but I have the chimera and love it. Add a jet pro pipe and an 8k clutch and this thing is one mean cat. As far as durability idk yet the weather hasn't allowed me to run it hard yet u won't be dissapointed in the chimera u can check out my post called first post I have my mods that I have done so far with pics and more will come

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts