• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Grease or Fluid in the Diffs?

cs49230

Just wondering what owners with history on these trucks are doing for the diff lube? Any special reasons for choices? Personally I prefer fluid like I've done on the 1/10 to 1/8th scale trucks. Any balance (oil weight, frnt, bck) recommendations?

I do open field bashing, small air, high speed sweeps. Everything seems fine but I want to check the diff shims and it would be a good time to go oil if it isn't already.

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

chapinb

Get rid of the goop thats in there stock. It breaks down quickly.

I use fluid 7k front and 5k rear too. If your on more of a prepared track, something a little lighter would be fine. I currently use ofna brand but havent found much difference between this, losi or traxxes fluids.

On these larger diffs, iv seen grease used but placing the weight becomes harder but I don't think there is any downside. Just make sure its a quality lube. Marine grease is good stuff. I use that stuff on the ring and pinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts