• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got a new one

Obeast44

Banned
Flip the rod on top of the servo-saver arm and put the other end on the inside of the servo horn. It lines up alot better like that, well on the Rampages it does, so it should work on the Rally.

Man I cant wait to see that McClaren body on that!

pipeous

Problem is the stock steering link sticks out too far. the servo horn is short and the ball ends hit the case. even with these it rubs a bit and I'd rather not wear out the case and burn the servo... it's pretty straight now and I mounted the part on the servo save to the bottom, so you see what I mean about height. I get full lock at 94% epa so the servo is using most of it's travel as well, which will give more precise increments in steering.

I sold my nutech mustang today... well it was part nutech and part fg so we'll call it a futech haha. the radio didn't work with the v2 killer bee, so I installed that into my rally. it's ready to rumble now.

I just need to get the decal set for the mercedes clk gtr, then I can paint it..

and my fg f1 was paid in full last night so I'll have it here next week. we have an on road gtg happening july 10, and there will be 2 redcat rally cars running. my old one and my new one haha. we'll see how the 27 performs in this one. I might have to gear it up.

also kept my stock nutech tires and rims. they were crap for traction, but should make some awesome drift tires

pipeous

Dave bought my other car I had for sale and wanted to run a bit. I wanted to burn some fuel in the semi to check the new gearing and get some fuel through the new rally. There's more explanation on the vid link...

I've since the video, pulled the center dif on the rally and removed the 2 factory shims and the drivetrain is smooth... it was brutal, then I found those 2 shims inside the center dif (it's actually a spool). my glitching was the 9.4v radio

We after this took the offroads down to run but got no video. the place had overgrown with grass and weeds so bad we were getting stuck in areas... I actually drove into an area and all you could see was exhaust smoke... prickles, thissles, grass... what a mess.

http://vimeo.com/13112306

Last edited by a moderator:

lightning73

Cool vid pipe! The Ramp looks great, bummer that we didnt get to see it in action a lil longer though. I hope you post some more vids when you get her straighened out, and let us know what was causing the binding......Edit: Oops just read your post again and realized it was the shims. My Bad..... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

Ya it's good to go and allready swapped the gears. I'll be racing against my old rally this saturday and will be sure to get some vids... my semi is good to go, f1 was shipped xpresspost yesterday and should be here in the next day or 2. just chargedmy aa nmh's and only 10.9v... have to get out the volt meter and see which battery is toast today... just bought an a/c for the house as it's going to be 30c today and we are going to see insane temps soon. have to install that then get back to tinkering on the rally tonight

my digi cam mic sucks. any loud volumes and it cuts out

pipeous

we both ended up with stripped front knuckles so we have to order the aluminum ones from Himoto now. I lost one, Sam lost 2. That said, a couple electric only guys I know well showed up near the end. I let them take turns with the semi, until the dif went... Steve was asking me to sell him my rally or find him one. We are getting new faces each meting and we are doing it again next weekend.

pipeous

pipeous

Here's some pics from today. The rally was flying until I melted some gears... the setscrew by the brake disc came loose... things shifted and it ate the gears

I am getting a glitch that's driving me nuts. I have replace the throttle servo, steering servo, battery. Now considering my brand new kill switch in the F1 packed it in withoin about 30 seconds today, I am thinking it's either my rx or the kill switch. I swapped to a spekky rx, but the kill switch is a v2 so it was unhooked and worked fine. going to try without the kill switch this week and see. I'll know if it;s the switch or rx though

this car freaking flies. I need bigger gearing. I flipped the stock gears a and b, but still not enough. Scott has some mcd gears for me, just have to send him more money again (just finally paid off my bill last night dam)... there's an awesome shot of my car really leaning as I was drifitng a corner... my tires barely stopped spinning the whole lap LOL

Onroad.jpg

Onroad_1.jpg

Onroad_2.jpg

Onroad_4.jpg

pipeous

here's some video clips of the weekend tossed together... man the musician is awsome too haha. I shredded the gears in the rally due to a setscrew coming loose. I am still having this intermittant glitch. I think it's either the kill switch or the rx. I need aplace to take it and run without the kill switch where I can't hit anything. things were fine with my dx3.0 and no kill switch. I have a v2 switch though so would like to know what is actually causing the problem. my brand new kill switch in the f1 lasted about 10 seconds and had to take it off to run... bad luck for electronics for me this weekend. add a shredded servo gear set in semi to the list

vimeo will be a while to finish converting. looks like just under an hour before it can be viewed

http://vimeo.com/13589981

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts