• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Going CRAZY Trying To Find Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Twistofkain

Hello!

I just purchased a Chimera and this is my first 1/5 scale. I am going crazy trying to find the best oil to use. I've read that Klotz is very good, but my question is which version of this oil? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Silent_chaos

Any synthetic 2 stroke oil.

Go to any motorcycle garage and he will have plenty.

Motul brand is great.

Same as klotz

Twistofkain

"I ran Lucas two stroke oil with great results. I've also ran the cheap stuff from the hardware store without a problem."

Thanks! Which Version of Lucas?

Silent_chaos

This

krebidoux

I use the lucas also. I love it. I use to use blue ray but were I bought it at closed up and I didn't feel like driving 40 mins to buy some so I switched and am very happy with the results.

Twistofkain

Best 2 Stroke Oil?

What about for break-in, any suggestions for non-synthetic? I keep reading that I should only break-in with non-synthetic oil.

BertR

Absolutely not! These are not weed Wacker's and require more lube than 50/1 and not to mention you will blow a can in no time along with money...your better off running a nitro car at that price.

Deluge

Looks like the richest mix they have is 40:1, which is doable, but your tuning skill has to be really good. You don't have that cushion for error that you would have with 25:1 or 32:1.

For breaking in an engine, I use whatever I have at the time. Mostly non-synthetic and semi-synthetic. I do break them in hard, though. The ring needs a load to seat properly, so I take a few warm up laps and then run it hard. Never had a problem with this method.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts