• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Getting a new Rampage

rasmukri

Ok I am going to buy a new rampage and i don't wanna have to break everything then buy parts. i figure i will get all the important stuff at once. I have a baja 5b so i am familiar with the 5th scale stuff and all that.

so i am gonna buy the ROLLER v2 and the DDM Dominator Pipe with the G270RC 3 HP Engine (4-Bolt Top end) from Daves motors. (i have several engines in the 5B and this one seems the best have had a lot of luck with it so figured it will work good in the rampage too) so I have the main part down but i wanna know what hop ups should i get? i am currently deployed so i have plenty of cash. i have never been a fan of aluminum over plastic but it seems RPM hasn't made parts for it yet, so what alum parts should be used over plastic if any?

basically i am making the ultimate Rampage what should go into it? (servos, clutch, gears, roll cage, A-arms, exc.)

thanks for any help you guys can provide.

forist

Contributor
Hello and welcome to to forum good to have more rampers. I would recommend getting the duel servo set up if you get the TT its a very nice upgrade. The roll cage upgrade is a good idea to, there is the aluminum one you can buy I am not a fan of a aluminum cage tho it will bend to easy I think. There is the hard boyz roll cage that can be used for the center of the cage I like the looks of it but haven't tried it yet. And some guys here on the forums that can make some very nice ones. Look at some of the posts on them and give them a PM to see if they could make one for you. Another thing is if you plan on doing much jumping chassis flex may be a issue to. There are things you can make to brace it and some of us can make bracing to. As for the aluminum suspension parts I like the plastic parts cuz if gives you some flex and are alot cheaper to replace. It mostly depends on were you bash, how you bash, and how hard you bash. Take some time and check out videos and the posts of others and you will get a good idea on some things to do/not do. Well good luck with your ramp you will have loads of fun.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Get you a pipe and brace the shock towers from top to top.

Put a good servo the 5745 Hitec is nice cheap and you can get by with one get the other later , especially if you get TT instead of MT

Take care out there in the military and thanks for all you guys do we are hear to help

Sprint 77

Contributor
www.rampagehopups.com has the rampage dominator on sale right now and he also has the roller trucks. try him on those two items then get your motor from DDM , they will still ship for free since the motor is over $100

Rob at www.rampagehopups.com is the owner and also provides this very forum for us all to share ideas , we need to show him some support.

rob64n

Contributor
i'll second supporting rob he does his best to help out, he's the reason my dad has his rampage, thanks Rob, if i haven't told you enough already,lol.

rasmukri

well i was looking on the rampage hopups site and didnt see any rolling ones also ddm has a free dom pipe with the rolling kit and my LHS is a dealer for ddm and i prefer to use them instead of online but there is still some cool stuff on the rampage site as well.

as far as how i drive well i bash like BASH bash :) here is a link to some pics of my fav 5b wreckhttp://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48031

i will prob go with hitec servos i have had good luck with their stuff. gonna go with the MT over the TT since i have a 5B i don't need another buggy. how about the dual steering? i have it in my savage 4.6 and it is awesome, same thing with the rampage? and clutches anyone have a preferred one? in my 5b i just use the stock one w/ 8k rpm spring.

sportyy

New rampage MT

I ordered a new red cat rampage MT and it came with a 32cc :)motor to my surprise

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts