• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gearing Head Count

DemonRC

I'm taking a headcount of who is running what gearing. We are about to put in the production order later this week and I need to know what gearing in what quantity to order. We can't get all the options in on the first order so I wanna cover the basics for the MT, TT, and XB. I'm assuming the XT will run the same gears as the TT. For those of you running the XT please post your comments.

G

I switch off between:

TerraKill

i want a 2 speed, for a MT tarmac track truck , and the following gear sets aslong as the price for gears isnt TOO much?

C----D

32 - 24

34 - 22

36 -20

39 -17 (or any other combo set up you think id benifit from using baja hostile and tarmac buster wheels)

and a one peice final shaft(the shaft brakes sit on) if avaliable? =)

i would want a belt drive aswell, but will have to see what money permits

can we have any hints to a rough price of what we are looking at for the 2 speed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbonutta

MT flava please

im keepin the big rims i luv em

DemonRC

RCDAD said:
I switch off between:25,35

When you switch to the 29/31's is that because you are running Bowties instead of the MT tires?

TerraKill said:
and a one peice final shaft(the shaft brakes sit on) if avaliable? =) can we have any hints to a rough price of what we are looking at for the 2 speed?
You won't need a one-piece layshaft anymore. I have duel 22mm bearings in the gearplate to support the layshaft. It's rock solid now.

Also, we are looking at $270ish +/-$20. We are making a few more changes so I can't get an exact price for another week.

G

When you switch to the 29/31's is that because you are running Bowties instead of the MT tires?
Yeah it is for tire change. However, in long grass the 29,31 set up is a little tall even with the smaller tires on the stock motor. I'm sure it won't be a problem with the OBR upgrade.

foxys

I'm jumping around between 31/29 and 35/25, depending on if we're running on-road or off-road.

DemonRC

fat49f1 said:
Mt for me please sir
MT gears you shall have. I really need to get Rob64 a set of MT gears so he can get some video on his XT/MT. I know it makes our MCD Cheetah run like it's 10 pounds lighter. I guess I'll do that this week.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hey Demon, since my hiatus from the forum, you have created a 2 speed that wasn't supposed to happen...Awesome!

Confusion: Are both the belt drive and 2 speed going into production?

If both, what system is this thread for ?

Keith81

TWO MT's here as well...

My regular MT runs the stock phat tires...

My MT PRO runs baja rims with pro line tires.. (taller gearing?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
on my obr full mod 35cc tt i run 29/31 and switch to 31/29 once in a while... but mainly 29/31 with bowties... i cant wait for a 2 speed = :eek: :D

DemonRC

krashkrieg said:
Hey Demon, since my hiatus from the forum, you have created a 2 speed that wasn't supposed to happen...Awesome!Confusion: Are both the belt drive and 2 speed going into production?

If both, what system is this thread for ?
This is for the 2 speed. The belt drive is coming up next.

RCDAD said:
I now need a 2nd for the new xb.
It'll be in the mail tommorra!

DemonRC

Ron E said:
on my obr full mod 35cc tt i run 29/31 and switch to 31/29 once in a while... but mainly 29/31 with bowties... i cant wait for a 2 speed = :eek: :D
Ur gonna want a 37/19 gear set. 1st speed is like 29/31/25/25 but the 2nd speed is faster than a 31/29/25/25. It's more like a 32/28 if this gear even existed. Well now it does lol :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts