• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gearing 4 rampage pro..mt......

redcatmt

hey guys...

i have a rampage pro mt.....going to put a 30.5 onb ported and machined kit on her.......what is the best gearing to get good bottom end and great top end?

thanks..... john

Last edited by a moderator:

varga1974

John

I have a DDM 30.5 ESP motor 4.5 HP without pipe. I am still running the stock gearing of 25-35-25-25 and my MT is hitting around 40 mph. The power is crazy right now.. close to pulling the front end up. How fast do you want to go is more the question.

redcatmt

wel i thought that with that motor it would hit the 50's....maybe with a pipe though........i have a jetpro........

kryptonite

redcatmt said:
wel i thought that with that motor it would hit the 50's....maybe with a pipe though........i have a jetpro........
that motor wont make you go faster. just top out faster. the 30.5 is great for torque wich is what the MT needs, but the rpm's are still the same(actoully less). i don't have a 30.5 in my MT, but i would like to assume you could run 27/33's to get some more top end and still have great torque. what pipe are you running anyway?

Clubin

Banned
You will need to run 27/33/25/25, I am running 29/31/25/25, and it is a little high. You will need to get yourself a set of steel gears-hopefully you get a good set. I think 50mph is an unreasonable expectation, if you want somthing to go that fast, get a on-road. The MT's are great basher's, but not very good for speed runs.

varga1974

I agree with clubin and kryptonite about 50 maybe being a hard speed to hit. You have to realize these trucks are pushing 35 pounds and not an onroad or a 2 wheel drive that weighs nothing. Id try running 29/31/25/25 and you should hit the mid to upper 40's asumming you still are running the stock MT tires. Doing that you will loose some low end power but it still may be enough for you.

redcatmt

ill probably get a set of 27/33......already have all steel set up in steel...25.35.25.25..thanks....john

Wicked

Were are you guys getting your metal gears from? I can't find 29s or 31s anywere.

Edit: I found redcat ones but i was hoping I could get mcd ones for the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

pwaicon

I have a 30.5 in my MT and I have to agree with Clubin the 29/31/25/25 is a tad to high. I was running that ratio and I smoked a clutch. If I was on flat ground it wasn’t too bad but as soon as I climbed a hill or met any resistance my clutch would start to slip. I find the 27/33/25/25 ratio is about the limit on the MT, unless you like changing the clutch more frequently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts