• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear plate pooped out on me.

G

The blue one is the MT version. it work on all Redcat gassers.

The anodizing is the hardend colored surface that gives the aluminum it's color.

There is an aluminum gear plate that is gun metal for the XB but it uses the smaller bearings.

The belt drive kit works on all Redcat gear plates.

rcgasser

Dude!!!!!!!!!! the MT plate blue and RCDAD plate on the belt drive is the same plate. RCDAD has suggested that you up grade to the MT plate for the belt drive for better support and the larger bearings

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The blue one is the MT version. it work on all Redcat gassers. The anodizing is the hardend colored surface that gives the aluminum it's color.

There is an aluminum gear plate that is gun metal for the XB but it uses the smaller bearings.

The belt drive kit works on all Redcat gear plates.
Wow... sorry about the confusion. You've answered my question :D Base on my options and my plan for my XB, I'm choosing the gun metal xb gear plate with your pulley. What are your thoughts on the stock bearing on that gun metal gear plate?

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Dude!!!!!!!!!! the MT plate blue and RCDAD plate on the belt drive is the same plate. RCDAD has suggested that you up grade to the MT plate for the belt drive for better support and the larger bearings
LOL!!! Sorry Rcgasser.... thanks for explaining. I appreciate it a lot! :D What do you think about my decision on the XB gun metal plate with the stock bearings?

rcgasser

don't use the XB plate use the MT plate for the larger bearing and better support!!!!!!!!!!

rcgasser

Because of having bearings problems with the stock XB bearings already I juts prefer to use the MT larger bearings with I have not had any problems with since I changed them to the MT.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Because of having bearings problems with the stock XB bearings already I juts prefer to use the MT larger bearings with I have not had any problems with since I changed them to the MT.
You are right... i agree... the last thing I want is to take my XB apart again.....

rcgasser

chuefengxiong said:
You are right... i agree... the last thing I want is to take my XB apart again.....
I hope you don't feel that way about taking it apart again because if you keep running it somewhere down the road you will have to take the XB apart again!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
I hope you don't feel that way about taking it apart again because if you keep running it somewhere down the road you will have to take the XB apart again!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mean.... eventually with time I will have to take it apart again right? I know... but I want to minimize doing that. Have you use the pulley from RCdad?

rcgasser

chuefengxiong said:
You mean.... eventually with time I will have to take it apart again right? I know... but I want to minimize doing that. Have you use the pulley from RCdad?
Not yet but soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Not yet but soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your thoughts on RCdad's pulley and Demon's 2 speed? which one would be more durable? Is it true that the 2 speed will give me top speed?

G

Me too! My MT is a pig. A 2speed on OBRs 8.2hp will be the next upgrade for her.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts