• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear changing

crazyfast

I've been hearing/reading people talk about different gear ratios. I've tried using the 'search' feature with not much luck.

Exactly what gears do you change out and where might I get some? Just thinking a bit more top end might be nice for the dunes.

G

There is not much of a selection. There are a few different Redcat ratios.

The buggies use taller gears because the smaller wheels.

It is the A and B gears that get changed.

Silent_chaos

crazyfast said:
I've been hearing/reading people talk about different gear ratios. I've tried using the 'search' feature with not much luck.Exactly what gears do you change out and where might I get some? Just thinking a bit more top end might be nice for the dunes.
if you're running on sand dunes, it would be best if you change to sand tires, it will affect a lot on the performance. (been there)

Most Redcats come with a 29/31/25/25

if you're searching for more top end flip it to 31/29/25/25 OR 35/25/25/25 (if you do this, You'll lose a lot of Torque)

If i were you, I'd get the 2speed tranny from DEMON RC. this way you don't have to sacrifice Torque and still get that Top end you're searching for

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts