• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gas / oil mix calculator

hellya

it states on your bottle of 2 cycle how much to add to get what ratio.... thats a good find for newbies:p

4-5 oz per gallon is the norm...I run 4 oz of oil to 1 gallon coleman:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

hellya said:
it states on your bottle of 2 cycle how much to add to get what ratio.... thats a good find for newbies:p
4-5 oz per gallon is the norm...I run 4 oz of oil to 1 gallon coleman:)
...as in Coleman lantern? What is the advantage in using that for fuel?

hellya

colman gas has 55-60 octang rating.....it burns cooler (engine will last longer) and cleaner than gas...also doesn't produce the 2 cycle weedeater smell that gas does....

We don't need high octang for our engines... there is no noticable difference in power between the 2

you can travel with the vehicle in your car or store the vehicles in your house without offending peoples noses:) you can buy coleman gas at walmart in the camping/sporting goods section

Coleman ® Fuel is basically petroleum naphtha with a bit of rust inhibitor. It has an octane rating of 50 to 55 and none of the additives found in gasoline. It has a lighter molecular weight than gasoline, kerosene and diesel fuel . The flammability of Coleman ® Fuel is comparable to gasoline but it cannot be used in gasoline engines. It will burn out the valves.
our engines have no valves

hellya

I been using coleman on all my 1/5 vehicles and my 2 cycle equipment for landscaping way before the baja was a twinkle in someones eyes :)

not to much to know.... other than use it as you would gas.... mix it with the same amount of 2 cycle oil as you would gas...thats it

alot of the guys in the baja forum used to own FGs and the clones(and still do).... they found out about colman fuel from rcuniverse from myself and others :)

A thread from early 2005 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2955059/anchors_2955059/mpage_1/key_coleman%252Cfuel/anchor/tm.htm#2955059

another thread early 2006 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3957889/anchors_3957889/mpage_1/key_coleman%252Cfuel/anchor/tm.htm#3957889

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online