• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gas cap

Courage68

Found out the rubber peice inside my gas cap broke.

I was wondering what upgrades i can do to the gas cap system , or another alternative higher quality one that fits the stock tank.

BertR

vent your tank because the rubber diaphragm in the cap is not sufficient for displacement or meaning not enough air can get in to replace the taken fuel

G

You can vent the cap or tank.

-

Stumpdiggitty

+1 on the tank vent....drill a hole in your grommet, or buy the Snappy Fuel system grommet with 3 holes already in it. from daves motors. When i tried to take out my stock grommet, it crumbled into 100 pcs...snappys is only 6$ and works perfect. or drill a hole in the cap like RCDAD said

Courage68

Stumpdiggitty said:
+1 on the tank vent....drill a hole in your grommet, or buy the Snappy Fuel system grommet with 3 holes already in it. from daves motors. When i tried to take out my stock grommet, it crumbled into 100 pcs...snappys is only 6$ and works perfect. or drill a hole in the cap like RCDAD said
yeah sounds good, just ordered the snappy kit.

Thanks everyone for your advice !~

G

LOL.. I've heard that before. :)

rampagemt

All you need to do is take a dremel with a soft metal cutting drum and make the billet baja cap fit over stock Redcat cap then epoxy the crap out of it and shove it on. Has been holding up really well... If you go that route just make sure to put a set screw in the vent hole of stock cap...

G

That would work. You could also just dab some epoxy between the two caps to also plug the holes.

92 vert

Quick question...

I notice my new acquired TT is missing the rubber insert in the stock cap. What are the downfalls of running it like this till I buy one??

G

92 vert said:
Quick question...I notice my new acquired TT is missing the rubber insert in the stock cap. What are the downfalls of running it like this till I buy one??
If you had it upside down fuel would leak past the threads. You can use an O-ring in the cap.

92 vert

RCDAD said:
If you had it upside down fuel would leak past the threads. You can use an O-ring in the cap.
Thanks guys...that's what i figured.

From what I see the only way to buy the rubber insert is to buy a new tank with cap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts