• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel Vent

Dreggsta

i did a search before posting this & i did come up w/some good interesting topics but none that told me what i wanted to know. what are y'all doing for this. i'm planning on adding a fuel line to the bundle of others in the gas tank w/a fuel filter on the end. that's what we did w/our atv's for deep water & mudding. of course we also ran our lines up to our snorkels. i was just going to zip tie the filter pointing up somewhere (i'll know when i physically have the xt's in my hands).

ohh, also going to put like 3 coils in before the fuel filter as this helps prevent spillage (kinda like a p-trap).

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The vent in the cap is insufficient. If the tank is not vented, the engine stalls due to vapor lock. Also, if the vehicle is sitting in the heat the expanded fuel will get pushed into the carb flooding it out. The tank needs to breath.

Dreggsta

oh yes sir! i am very familiar w/vapor lock & fuel flooding the carbs. just wondering how everyone is doing this. my methods are usually overkill but that's bc i like to be sure & not wonder.

G

Either a vent tube through the grommet or one into the fuel cap.

G

They really should not be in anything too deep. It is lighter than the MT.

Dreggsta

I bought an 18 x 18" sheet of outerwear fabric. I'm gonna see if I can make a shroud to go over the top of the exposed buggy to help keep the inside clean & safe. I want to be able to play in a little mud too but nothing deep. I did that w/my last atv. I never hurt the motor but that taste for mud is satisfied. I just wanna bash. ;)

Chief409

I put in a vent kit from Snappy RC. You can't use the gasket in the kit for the fuel cap, the RedCat has a much smaller diameter filler. However the 3 hole grommet for the lines fits in the tank just fine. All you need to do is plug the vent hole in the gas cap, I used a toothpick, hasn't worked loose yet. Better yet, drill out the vent hole in the plastic filler cap and use a grub screw.

Rampage mt

Ok so I've had my mt for 2 days havnt even got half a tank through it yet,it keeps stalling,will run for a couple minutes and then stall now I've tryed venting the tank what I did was drilled a larger hole in the gas cap and then put a piece of fuel line in that is that enough or is it incorrect because this thing will not run ideas???

Rampage mt

Figured out why my mt wouldn't run....got maybe a total of half tank into it and the crank bearings were shot already which cause the motor to cease up....not havin good luck with this so far 2 days old an needs a motor and reciever lol ah my

G

What fuel mix did you run?

Greggfromohio

Fuel Vent

Rampage mt said:
Figured out why my mt wouldn't run....got maybe a total of half tank into it and the crank bearings were shot already which cause the motor to cease up....not havin good luck with this so far 2 days old an needs a motor and reciever lol ah my
Oh man, that sucks!

Rampage mt

Yep it does.i was so pumped for it and when I got it I was more impressed then all the problems started,it's all tore apart now hoping redcat will replace the motor if not I'm gonna have to save up to get a ddm motor.

G

Rampage mt said:
Yep it does.i was so pumped for it and when I got it I was more impressed then all the problems started,it's all tore apart now hoping redcat will replace the motor if not I'm gonna have to save up to get a ddm motor.
They're good about warranting defective products. It just sucks to be down. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts