• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel injection?

Motakitty

Is there a fuel injection kit for our trucks? That would be cool

NewKat

That would be cool, Unfortunately not and probably not anytime soon. You would need to add a fuel pump as well as electronics and fuel regulators etc., etc. I guess technically you could to a TB setup but would still require mild electronics and a pump of some kind and a regulator.

NewKat

Exactly. It has a small injector which acts as a primary and a larger one for a secondary for when you get on it a bit and then they both open up at wide open for both injectors to kick in. It does come with an ECU(electronic control unit) to control when it fires and how much, as well as which injectors to come on depending on air flow for even mixture. It would be safe to say these are for larger 2 stroke because in order to run this system you would need a power source, other than the engine itself, to power the ECU and other electronics. I say we contact an engineer to come up with one for the rc industry!

Motakitty

Thats what I figured. I don't think powering it would be that difficult, maybe with a 3s lipo from like a crawler could power it. A fuel injected system would eliminate so many issues and add some power. I think theres a market for it. I know I would be interested in it

G

I think designing all of that in a small enough package would be difficult. The ECM in the photo looks half the size of the chassis.

It would be cool though.

alfred e numan

yup, there are a bunch of things required for injection. - added weight. ya know- i bought a new Echo weed eater, the carb on this puppy has a rotating drum with a hole.- something like the carb on a Nitro engine- there is still a spray bar down streanmfrom the ventura.- this carb is way too small for our engines. but Echo makes all kinds of stuff besides line trimmers. hummmm---

Motakitty

I'm sure some one can come up with an ecu the size of an esc and convert a carb to just a throttle body and have an injector in the manifold. I'm sure it could be done but ya alot of money to develope one

NewKat

Given the engineering involved as well as the electronics and mechanics, all of the carbs available would become obsolete and would benefit the end user in a huge way, assuming they could afford such a system. But how many of you guys like tinkering with the carbs and tuning in general? I know I do! It would be cool to have FI of some sort, nonetheless.

Motakitty

I don't mind tweaking the carb but it sure would be nice not to and just pull, start, run with no tuning, and this is coming from some one who has about 30mins of run time a new motor and still have to tube my carb cause it's running rich. I still don't mind tuning but I'm sure theres alot of people who don't have the patience for it and get discouraged

creepingcharlie

Is there a mechanical injection system for two strokes. That would take most of all the electrics out of the system away. Like the old stack injectors on v8 motors.

rampagemt

Motakitty said:
I don't mind tweaking the carb but it sure would be nice not to and just pull, start, run with no tuning, and this is coming from some one who has about 30mins of run time a new motor and still have to tube my carb cause it's running rich. I still don't mind tuning but I'm sure theres alot of people who don't have the patience for it and get discouraged
I just run mine super rich to keep my motor happy :D now my savage I can tune no problemo ! Oh well lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts