• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel For the XBE

bigfol

RCDAD said:
I bet I could just edit my order. I have picked up a Leopard 5692 in the meantime. The motor in your link has about half of the kv as the Leapord. What is the benefit of the lower kv.
You can run higher voltages and gear it a lot higher without it getting hot. ;)

rookie101

RCDAD said:
I bet I could just edit my order. I have picked up a Leopard 5692 in the meantime. The motor in your link has about half of the kv as the Leapord. What is the benefit of the lower kv.
I always thought the lower KV gave you more torque but less RPM. I could be way off though because brushless motors seem to confuse my old brain... :confused:

Let me know what you feel the performance difference is with the Leopard compared to the stocker.

G

Thanks man.

I think I'll edit my order before this runs out also. LOL

I will have to save it for when I upgrade the esc.

DUFFY

The kv = rpm at one volt. The stronger the magnets the lower the kv more or less. The leopard makes the car scary, like wow I could break my own legs. I want the lower kv to run 8s Maybe 10s.

Deluge

DUFFY said:
The kv = rpm at one volt. The stronger the magnets the lower the kv more or less. The leopard makes the car scary, like wow I could break my own legs. I want the lower kv to run 8s Maybe 10s.
Ahahaha. Russian roulette with an R/C.

Deluge

rookie101 said:
I always thought the lower KV gave you more torque but less RPM. I could be way off though because brushless motors seem to confuse my old brain... :confused: Let me know what you feel the performance difference is with the Leopard compared to the stocker.
That's how I understood it, as well.

G

BoukeG said:
Lol, that's a big one. Look at the weight! But the price is... Priceless ;-) . For under 100! Wauw! What esc are you going to use?
I haven't decided yet. I'm gonna throw the Leopard for a while. Have to get some larger batts also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts