• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Front vs rear power

rroberson7805

My Xt seems like it's pulling a lot more on the front wheels than the rear. Is there something I can do to even it out and put more power twords the rear? It's pulling so hard on the front that it pulls the front wheels around like crazy and when I hold the front in the air and just rear touching the ground I can tell when I give it gas that the rear is only getting about 20% or less than the front. Thanks guys. eb6be1c013529e9eb2d6e9124ccb0971.jpg

BertR

The front and rear have equal power from the center diff. The only thing you can change is the oil wheigt in the diffs to operate more to your liking...

andyken

Hold one rear tire and turn the other, it should turn the center drive...unless you sheared a pin/cup in the diff. Also watch and check set screws on the cups.

rroberson7805

Ok, thanks guys. Checking set screws asap. Anyone know how to check diff oil and is there some I can buy at local like autozone or home depot or diff oil must be ordered?

BertR

You have to remove the diff from the housing.. There are 2 long screws that hold the lower suspension arms, remove.....and there are 2 more under the chassis holding that half and 2 more up top let the sway bar hang and it should pop out by pulling to you by the diff cups on each side

BertR

You won't realy find anything at the hardware store for oil..you need to get the right stuff from a rc hobby shop or online. You can cram the diff with grease but it will make it stiff as hell and won't handle worth a dam if it's in the front end

rroberson7805

Ok, thanks. Btw I got the rear diff off and disassembled. There was only one set of small gears in the middle instead of two sets like I saw on others. I'm just going to lock up the rear diff for now, fill it with hot glue and order a new rear diff if I don't like it locked in the rear. Has anyone else seen only one set of small gears that connects the large gears instead of two sets? They are the small ones on a short pole and pole is notched for another set to fit but mine were missing one set and wonder if that was the problem of the front pulling a lot harder. And no drive cup bolts were loose btw.

rroberson7805

Phill

BertR said:
It is normal to have only 1 cross set.. I'm sure all X series have only 1 because in 4 years I have never seen 2.
My DR has 2 or are DRs set up different??

rroberson7805

Checked everything, locked the rear diff with lots of hot glue inside it and it's working great now, power is evenly distributed front to back unlike before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts